ROM Manager

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by tagg, Dec 8, 2010.

1. tagg

tagg New Member

I just had a buddy help me walk through rooting my phone. He has had his rooted for a little while now. We referred to this Youtube video...

And my question is about unrooting the phone, the kid refers to the stock rom that you can use from the ROM Manager program. Does that infact return the phone to 100% stock unrooted form?

I wanted to root my phone to see if its something I will use or not. If it is I will look into ROMs ect. If not I want to return it to complete stock. My buddy couldn't answer this question for me because he has no desire to go back.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

The way in Rom Manager will not correctly unroot, atleast not in my experience. I have tried it before and it did not work. There is a very easy way to return back to stock though. Just follow the steps for whichever recovery you are using.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...ck-2-2-without-sbf-rsd-lite-droid-1-only.html
  3. tagg

tagg New Member

Thanks! Thats the sort of thing I was looking for. I will follow the Clockwork recovery steps if I do decide to unroot.