ROM manager will not flash clockwork recovery

drumtrucker

Reaction score
get error message, also if trying to look at 'all clockwork recoveries' it thinks I am not connected, but I am.

Tried fixing permissions.

Is this a good place to post this????

OP
drumtrucker

drumtrucker

Reaction score
I said I tried fixing permissions and I suppose even though it should go without saying... I rebooted after doing so (as suggested every time fixing permission finishes)

Is there anyway to determine if the server is down? The error for 'flash' says 'error while downloading form server... ...make sure you have stable internet connection...'
'

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Could be the server RM uses......give it some time and try again.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
drumtrucker

drumtrucker

Reaction score
I want to flash a ROM (backup) image from droid I just got replaced (warranty) onto this new droid. Backup was done with ROM manager if I understand correctly, I need to use CW recovery to restore if I used to backup. Is that right?

Or, If I get desperate, could I find the file and rename to update.zip and restore with SPR????

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I want to flash a ROM (backup) image from droid I just got replaced (warranty) onto this new droid. Backup was done with ROM manager if I understand correctly, I need to use CW recovery to restore if I used to backup. Is that right?

Or, If I get desperate, could I find the file and rename to update.zip and restore with SPR????

yeah you could find the folder it's in move it to the root of the sdcard and rename it update.zip BTW it should be in the folder "clockworkmod" then "backup" and find the right backup you are looking for.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
On a side note, you should try SPRecovery. Problem free for me so far and have had it a while. Takes a few more steps but it's a VERY stable process/method.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 for SPRecovery!!

On a side note, you should try SPRecovery. Problem free for me so far and have had it a while. Takes a few more steps but it's a VERY stable process/method.

DroidForums junkie!!

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have always used clockwork and have never had an issue. I generally don't use rom manager anymore, other than to make a backup every once in a while.

captdroid

Reaction score
it thinks I am not connected

I was on IRC earlier and told Koush about a different problem with ROM Manager wanting to update (according to him invalid) to a new version of clockworkmod and it was failing. He fixed it shortly after. But yea ROM Manager server is Borked again. What is the process to flash clockworkmod without using Rom Manager? I have long forgotten. Maybe that would help the OP.