rom manager weird issue

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
So the other day I flashed my phone with sprecovery and a stock rooted rom. Everything went great. :) I DLed rom manager, flashed clockwork, and everything still went great. Then I wanted to change my rom to smokeless v6.0.1 @ 800mhz, and at first glance everything went great...
Now, even though I have the super user icon in my app drawer, all my apps that need super user privs say I don't have root accept cachemate... yeah, weird I know. A little guidance from the infinite wisdom of some of the people on this forum would be appreciated. Thank you!

HemiDroid03

Reaction score
Bro open clockwork and scroll down to where it says "fix permissions" hit that and allow everything to go thru until it says complete I guess... reboot just because and see if you have permission then

OP
mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
wont let me go into fix permissions...ironically enough I don't have permission to fix permissions....

hookerdj

Reaction score
do you have arecent backup? i had the same problem just went back to my most recent backup and it was fixed dunno what caused me to lose my su permission

Reaction score
Have you tried reflashing ClockworkMod and seeing if that frees up your fix permissions?

OP
mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Still nothing... I'm thinking I should just reflash and start over from scratch...

OP
mikeofmikes83

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
started over from scratch and everything is great again :)

Any suggestions on an app that will back up all my apps so that if I switch roms, their all still loaded?
Also, a suggestion on an app that controls all the volumes of everything as well as the sound used.