Rom manager update option to flash sprecovery

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by romanrish, Mar 26, 2010.

1. romanrish

romanrish New Member

If this wasn't already a must have for some of you it is now. Koush has now included the option to install sprecovery. This is unreal I can't believe this. Discuss.
  2. RoLa

RoLa New Member

Runnin CM for a while!!!WOW!!!!Now there is no reason for someone NOT to try CyanogenMod!!!!FANTASTIC!!

EDIT: another clockwork update...*shrug*...oh well
  3. huskur

huskur Well-Known Member

Saw that after i updated it.

Whats the point with two types of recovery?? (i need to be schooled. I am still in the learning process here)
  4. BadgerDroid

BadgerDroid New Member

For me, I was unable to access old ROM backups made with SPRecovery after I've moved to ClockWork....

This is a fabulous addition...Thanks Koush!!!
  5. romanrish

romanrish New Member

We need to create a virtual statue of Koush to put on the front page of DF. He is a legend when it comes to devs. The purpose of two recovery types is exactly what the 3000 posts of everyone who can't figure out how to flash back to sprecovery if they want to return to stock or droidmod and unroot.
  6. sneaky_zekey

sneaky_zekey New Member

i agree, koush keeps putting out updates,every time i see an update,im like cool,wonder what new thing he cooked up now. he listened to everyone complain about not able to revert back to spre,well now you can. big prompts to koush
  7. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood New Member

Ok so I don't really get what the point of rom manager is.. can some1 explain it. Also I have sprecovery installed already so if I download it will it try to install clockwork or whatever the other thing is
  8. Balthazar

Balthazar New Member

I have to admit, when I first tried Clockwork I hated it. It was buggy, my backups were no good, switching back to sprecovery was a PIA. That was about a week ago. Since then Koush and the guys at Cyanogen Mod have really made a great product. Useable backups, fix permissions, over the air updates of several ROMs and now the ability to quickly flash two diferent recovery images, this thing will take over quickly.

I hate to admit when I am wrong, but I am glad I was wrong about this one!
  9. CatsTide

CatsTide New Member

can you actually flash sp from the clockwork recovery or do you flash it from the rom manager?
  10. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Its a gui frontend to manage nandroid backups, recovery images, download and install roms. It also supports OTA updates for roms that have the ability.
  11. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

You have to flash sprecovery from the Rom Manager. Now I don't need DM updater anymore.
  12. RoLa

RoLa New Member

+1...Also it gives everyone a chance to finally try CM...I'm sure everyone has seen/heard the issues with flashing back to SPrecovery, and alot of people are probably afraid to try because of these posts and misfortunes. However, once people start trying Clockwork and realize there are more options, support, and awesomeness inside this recovery, they will make the switch. I am not at all against SPrecovery, the recovery image SP patched has worked very well for a long time.. I'm just giving users here an educated opinion. Keep in mind that koush isn't just focused on the Droid, his work extends far beyond, which gives his team a better idea of what works for our device opposed to another.

..AMEN!!!
  13. kaboyd

kaboyd New Member

I may be blind, dumb, or both. I installed ROM Manager again , but I can't find an option to flash SPrecovery. I am a bit curious about the ROMs available through this app and clockwork recovery, but I love the blue theme on my SG v6.0. Any advice?
  14. romanrish

romanrish New Member

I love how it seems everytime that someone says I wish clockwork or rm could do <insert>. It seems it is in the next update.
  15. thebowers

Option is all the way at the bottom with the latest update. Also if it is just the blue theming you like on SG 6.0. I would try Cyanogen with HexFusion.
  16. thebowers

Next it needs to have the option to return to stock. Just in case you need to return the phone.
  17. romanrish

romanrish New Member

It is the very last option when you scroll to the bottom. It may only be highlited if you have clockwork installed.
  18. Balthazar

Balthazar New Member

current version is 1.7.8.3. All the way at the bottom is the option to flash sprecovery.

I am using cyanogen mod with hex fusion theme, might be comparable to your blue theme. There is also a version available for ultimate droid's ROM, both are available through rom manager.

Edit: I need to type faster :)
  19. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

I've seen a few of these and would like to be able to assist those who are having issues, as well as understand why they are to better get them to the rom they want to install:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/32744-stuck-boot-loop.html

At the same time I'm also happy with my blue SG 6.0 so have no desire at this time to swap roms.

Can one of you guys do a nice write up on what Rom Manager is supposed to do and what other processes are folded in, as well as why gentleman in the above link got stuck where he did while using Rom Manager? Thanks, this will help others when they get stuck to know what went wrong or was missed as well as guide others how to best help them out. My understanding was this was an app you downloaded from the market, and it automatically did its stuff.
  20. RoLa

RoLa New Member

What if he put this on there as well as all developer ROMS supporting SP?
Search tags for this page
flash sprecovery rom manager

how to flash sprecovery with rom manager

how to install sprecovery with rom manager
rom manager dont show sprecovery