Rom Manager Questions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by timrock, Dec 22, 2010.

1. timrock

timrock New Member

1. With this app, can I simply install a rom that is listed within the app?
    2. When you install a rom, do you lose all your apps and settings, forcing you to start all over again? Because when you do a backup with titanium, it backs up the entire phone. So doing a restore would restore the previous rom?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  2. MarkY3130

MarkY3130 New Member

1) You can install a rom listed or any Rom that you download. To do this download it and move it to the root of the sd card (not in a folder) using astro file manager or the like. Than in rom manager select install rom from sd card and select it.
    2) your apps will reinstall through the market on their own but it will clear all saved data. I use ti backup to restore the app data. I only have a few apps that I find important enough for me to back up so I don't do them all.

When installing a new rom for the first time you should do a wipe(option given in rom manager after selecting to install a rom). When installing a new version of the same rom many times you wont need to wipe data (ex. Going from ultimate droid 2.4 to ultimate droid 2.5) Always do a back up though!
  3. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    1) Yes. Assuming it doesn't screw up, which happens far more frequently than you'd think.
    2) Yes, no, no.

Titanium Backup and ROM Manager do things differently. A ROM Manager backup is simply a Clockwork backup. The CW backup would restore your previous phone state -- unless you used RM and it screwed up, of course.