ROM Manager question

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by easye, Jan 22, 2011.

1. easye

easye New Member

I've just recently rooted my OG Droid for the first time, and I'm amazed at all the stuff I've been missing out on. I have just a few basic questions though. I'm currently using CyanogenMod 6.1.2 through ROM Manager...if I wanted to try something Like BB or another custom ROM, will I be able to revert to Cyanogen with all my settings and screen setups intact? Is that what backing it up does? And also, when applying a theme to Cyanogen will it also apply to Launcher Pro, or only if the stock launcher is running? I probably mixed up some of the technicalties there...

Also, can someone clarify the term "nightly builds"?

Sorry if these are newbie questions
  2. moset

moset Member

Someone more knowledge than I may correct me but, if you backup then later restore the backup it's like frozen in time. You will not show calls in the call log or texts sent or received while using the other ROM after you restore. Everything will look just like when you ran the backup.
    If you wipe data when you flash a new ROM, be sure to flash gapps too.
    Themes depend on the themers.
    Nightlies are very experimental and cutting edge. They are Gingerbread (Android 2.3) and still have stuff not working like camcorder and key lights but fixes are coming quickly. There is lots of info on the forums about the current state. Read up. Have fun!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. easye

easye New Member

Ahh I gotcha. So is CyanogenMod 7 only a nightly build then?

Also, how do I get the new market? I can't find a number of my apps on the old for some reason.