Rom Manager Problems?

givmedew

Reaction score
So I tried to flash clockworkmod recovery it said it was done and reports current recovery as 2.0.1.3

So I did some reading and as usual people don't explain in a perfectly understandable way but am I to understand that you must run cm while connected to a computer and do it each time as it will not stay in the phone?

Why would Rom Manager let me flash the recovery if it doesn't work yet.

jeaton313

Reaction score
Does this work with the incredible can't get it to flash the recovery.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

jeaton313

Reaction score
Can you use the droid root zip file and were do you put it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not clear on what you are trying to accomplish. Can you please tell me what you've do so far and what you are trying now?

mike

jeaton313

Reaction score
Trying to get the clockwork recovery tried doing with unrevoked reflash tool but does not work. Tried using rom manager it says installed but you reboot into recovery it acts like it is installing but then red question mark comes up and it stops.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Currently, RM is experiencing issues. Many are having success by flashing CW then SPR then CW.

jeaton313

Reaction score
So it does not work right yet or am i doing something wrong.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
RM works. Perhaps I'm not understanding what you are trying to accomplish. Typically, RM allows you to select a rom download the rom and then install. If I remember correctly, the rom may take a few minutes to DL (use wifi if possible it is quicker than 3G). Once the DL is complete you will see something in your notification bar. Scroll down the notification bar and tap the rom you just DL'd. It should start and ask you to make a backup and wipe. Once installed I believe it automatically reboots.

Mike

nfcrockett

Reaction score
I've had no problems using Unrevoked reflash tool v2.0 to flash CM Recovey 2.0.1.3

J

Johnly

So I tried to flash clockworkmod recovery it said it was done and reports current recovery as 2.0.1.3

So I did some reading and as usual people don't explain in a perfectly understandable way but am I to understand that you must run cm while connected to a computer and do it each time as it will not stay in the phone?

Why would Rom Manager let me flash the recovery if it doesn't work yet.
There is a big difference between RM and sprecovery. RM will install a file incorrectly, sp recovery will abort install leaving you system untouched. I highly recommend installing everything in update or nandroid format for now, until some of the bugs get fixed in CM. It seems since froyo hit, they have been updated that like mad, so I am sure they will be on track again soon.

jeaton313

Reaction score
I keep getting stuck on waiting on system to settle what am i doing wrong i am trying to get clockwork recovery.

jeaton313

Reaction score
So what should i do to get the recovery i did it manuel but that don't stick.

nfcrockett

Reaction score
So what should i do to get the recovery i did it manuel but that don't stick.

It's not going to stick

Help I'm stuck at waiting for system to settle
check these common issues:
- You switched your driver to the one from this post? It's NOT identical to the SDK one.
- You don't have any usb applications that might be taking focus while we are working with the phone right?
- Is the SD card present in the device?
- You did give su permenent access when you allowed it in superuser right?

jeaton313

Reaction score
What are you supposed to do with the files that come with the tool.