Rom manager just said 0.8.4 is out

mrgarrison

Reaction score
i installed it through rom manager and its cool but now i cant restore any other backups or even go into clockwork recovery. it just boots back into sapphire. any help?

jev

Reaction score
i installed it through rom manager and its cool but now i cant restore any other backups or even go into clockwork recovery. it just boots back into sapphire. any help?

I had this problem last night with SS4.4. I tried flashing recoveries but to no avail. The only thing that worked for me was uninstalling then reinstalling rom manager.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

reflash cw recovery from ROM Manager and try again.

(I had same issue).

bump47

Reaction score
Can you load this using Clockwork recovery, not just flashing it from Rom Manger. I want to be able to wipe data/cache 3x and that works best when I can do it manually and not let Rom Manager do it just once. I read that it is an update.zip which means that is SPF correct? Or can I just use update.zip with Clockwork?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Can you load this using Clockwork recovery, not just flashing it from Rom Manger. I want to be able to wipe data/cache 3x and that works best when I can do it manually and not let Rom Manager do it just once. I read that it is an update.zip which means that is SPF correct? Or can I just use update.zip with Clockwork?

Rom manager is not clockwork, but works with clockwork. You should be able to download the rom, stop it from doing the install, boot into recovery and go about wiping and installing via recovery.

You can do update.zip or you can browse the sd card through recovery and select the file.

bump47

Reaction score
Ok, So I just go into Rom Manager, select this Rom and after it goes thru the loading part, I just cancel it and turn my phone off and then reboot into recovery and then wipe data and cache and then where is it to continue on with installation?

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Ok, So I just go into Rom Manager, select this Rom and after it goes thru the loading part, I just cancel it and turn my phone off and then reboot into recovery and then wipe data and cache and then where is it to continue on with installation?

Install rom from sdcard, then it will allow you to go through the directory listing; rom manager has it's only folder, then roms are listed by provider based on website. If I remember correctly.