rom manager help

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i have rooted my phone successfully and am now trying to backup my phone...when i go to do the steps this forum says to do in the rom manager, when i get to the step reboot into recovery and click it and when it goes to the screen where i have to use the camera button to hit android, it just reboots my phone instead of actually going to the backup screen like it is supposed to do...anyone can shed some light on this and can give me a diff program that might work with android 2.2 and my phone rooted already?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you were on 2.2 OTA then u need to use link 3 in my sig to root in order to keep your recovery

Sent from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, unless you use that process your custom recovery will be overwritten every time you reboot. Follow the guide exactly.

P-Droid77

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-feature-undo-custom-recovery-partitions.html try this ur problem is u cant get into recovery after u reboot right?

I have had the same issue many times in the past. It isn't an issue with your phone its an issue with Rom Manager itself. You will need to flash back and forth between SBF recovery, previous issues of Clockwork Recovery then back to the newest update. (2.5.0.1) Or try and flash to an older version of Clockwork and try to use it to reboot into recovery. Its a cat and mouse game with Rom Manager unfortunately.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
U
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-feature-undo-custom-recovery-partitions.html try this ur problem is u cant get into recovery after u reboot right?

I have had the same issue many times in the past. It isn't an issue with your phone its an issue with Rom Manager itself. You will need to flash back and forth between SBF recovery, previous issues of Clockwork Recovery then back to the newest update. (2.5.0.1) Or try and flash to an older version of Clockwork and try to use it to reboot into recovery. Its a cat and mouse game with Rom Manager unfortunately.
Unfortunately that is wrong as well. The new OTA rewrites your recovery partition every reboot unless you disable that feature with link 3 in my sig

forkup

Reaction score
Correct, rom manager works great. Most all the posts I see dissing RM are nothing more than user error. I've used it successfully for months without issue.

P-Droid77

Reaction score
U

Unfortunately that is wrong as well. The new OTA rewrites your recovery partition every reboot unless you disable that feature with link 3 in my sig

I didn't see where he said he was using the ota update. And Rom Manager has plenty of issues on its own. User error plays no part. Like I said, I have had that issue as well as many others...