1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

rom manager help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by iWordplay, Jul 26, 2010.

1. iWordplay

iWordplay New Member

first I used SPRecovery to install a Simply Stunning rom. then I purchased rom manager, renamed "update.zip" to "simplystunningupdate.zip" for some reason. which brings me to my question, can I reinstall this "simplystunningupdate.zip" using ClockworkMod?
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    If you have it saved on your sd card then yes however the big difference between SPrecovery and ClockworkMod is that in CW you do not have to rename your files. If they are a .zip file you can install without renaming "updatezip". So if you still have the download on your computer or on your sd card reboot into recovery (ClockworkMod) and then go to install zip and then choose which zip and then choose the one you want. (I am not fully away this morning so I might have missed a step or two once in recovery but that is the basics. CWM is very simple and is very similar to SPr but like i said you do not have to rename anything.