ROM Manager Error

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Jester6x, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Jester6x

Jester6x Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Is anyone else having trouble downloading kernels from the ROM Manager? I don't have an issue with anything else except the kernels. Every time I download it pops up in the notification bar that there is an error.

Thanks

2. brosenberger

brosenberger New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just installed Rom Manager Premium this morning and am having trouble downloading too. Currently running UD 8.1.1, not overclocking. When I go into Download ROM and select a rom, it seems to start the download like it should and then i get a "download error" in my notification bar. I specifically tried the ultimate droid customizer but it did the same with bugless beast as well. I have already tried the Fix Permissions and rebooted the Droid. I have also cleared the download cache. Any ideas?

3. miosis

miosis Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday all was fine. It seems after last update ROM Management (Install, Download, Check for updates), Backup and Restore, and Utilities are greyed out. I rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled. Still the same thing. It's like it is seeing the "pro features" turned off. I purchased the app a couple days ago. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

-edit-
    I did some poking around and found out that I needed to re-flash Clockwork Mod. Now all is as it should be.

4. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am also having the same problem. When it gets to the second download for the overclock it says download incomplete download error. Any ideas?

5. dave4100

dave4100 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I get the error, saying a error occurred while attempting to run priviledged commands! Any idea there?

6. romanrish

romanrish Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you looked at your super user commands. If you accidentaly hit remember to deny that may cause that. If that is the case I believe you can clear those out. Go to the hacking FAQ sub forum, and check out that walkthough and see if you missed anything.

7. Blotto

Blotto New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try uninstall / reinstall I had the same issue and that worked for me. If you can though at the bottom is a fix permissions options try that. Seems that works for alot of people but it was greyed out for me until I reinstalled.

8. Jester6x

Jester6x Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I still get the same error when I download. Any one find a solution yet?

9. mkristensen

mkristensen New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same thing for me

I tried this morning, UD 8.1.1, at about 1AM eastern US right after I purchased and installed. It fails on the 2nd download which is Chevy's 1 in my case.

10. angler1

angler1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    uninstalled reinstalled. Now running perfectly. Thanks

11. kweather99

kweather99 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same problem, tried uninstall/reinstall, no joy. Emailed dev, will post any reply I receive.This happens when I try to upgrade to Blackdroid 8.1 via ROM manager. Running 8.0.1 now

12. Roldi

Roldi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same problem here as the original poster. Every time the download moves to the kernals, I get the error message. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, re-booted, re-started, cleared the download cache, reset permissions and have even considered kicking the cat. Nothing seems to work. I might still kick the cat though.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Search tags for this page
download error rom manager
errore download rom
error on rom manager
rom download error
rom download error rom manager

rom manager download error

rom manager download rom error
rom manager error while downloading
rom manager rom download error