Rom Manager download directory?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Where are files downloaded from rom manager located in the internal storage? I like downloading roms through rom manager but prefer to install them manually through recovery. I am trying to download Pete's stock rooted ICL53F, and the download is complete but it seems as if the only way to install it is automatically through rom manager, which i obviously dont want to do. I have looked everywhere i can on the device but cant find the file. Does anyone have any info? Thanks.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
/mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/*

There are folders in there, and it will be in there somewhere.

OP
patmw123

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Yeah i looked there, but there is only one file that is large enough to be a rom file and it is in the /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/bit.ly directory. The file name is vifAw6 and doesnt seem to say anything about icl53f. I dont really want to take a shot in the dark and install that file should it not be correct. Every other rom i have downloaded through rom manager on my 5 various android devices in the past has been very straightforward to locate. And none of then have ever been in a "bit.ly" folder. Any other ideas?

nickmind

Reaction score
Yeah i looked there, but there is only one file that is large enough to be a rom file and it is in the /mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/bit.ly directory. The file name is vifAw6 and doesnt seem to say anything about icl53f. I dont really want to take a shot in the dark and install that file should it not be correct. Every other rom i have downloaded through rom manager on my 5 various android devices in the past has been very straightforward to locate. And none of then have ever been in a "bit.ly" folder. Any other ideas?

Getting SSHdroid or some other ssh server on your phone and connect over putty or through terminal on your phone. Run the following command:

find /sdcard/ -mmin -10

Replace -10 with -minutes ago you have downloaded. That command will show you every file that has changed and/or added in that last (in this case) 10 minutes.

Nick

Last edited:
OP
patmw123

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
After downloading SSHdroid and running that command in terminal its giving me an error. I have zero experience with SSH stuff so im not really sure what else im supposed to do. Could you be more specific on what i need to do in sshdroid? Thanks.

I really wish Pete would just post his Stock Rooted Roms on his website, but they arent up there.

Last edited:

nickmind

Reaction score
After downloading SSHdroid and running that command in terminal its giving me an error. I have zero experience with SSH stuff so im not really sure what else im supposed to do. Could you be more specific on what i need to do in sshdroid? Thanks.

Sorry, so did you download Putty to your computer. and connect to your phone?

You know its easier if you have terminal emulator installed on your phone.

Either or, I'm just trying to get you to a terminal on your phone, once your there at a prompt, type that command. or

find /sdcard/ -size +60000k

This command will find any file over 60MB.

nickmind

Reaction score
The reason for getting to a terminal of the phone. Is there isn't any good file search apps or none of the file managers have a find/search option for finding files. Hope that helps.

OP
patmw123

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I have terminal on my phone...and thats what i was trying to use. I dont have access to my computer because im still at my parents house for the holidays. Is the only way for the command to work for me to be connected to my computer? Also, im not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me or not, but im having trouble even deciphering the sentences your writing....it has been a long day.

Last edited:
OP
patmw123

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I think i figured it out. Thanks guys.

Well, I thought I had, but it seems as if the files being downloaded in rom manager aren't even in an installable .zip format. The files are in the mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/bit.ly directory, but both roms I've downloaded are not being detected by cwm recovery as installable .zip files. Does anyone know why this would be?

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Well, I thought I had, but it seems as if the files being downloaded in rom manager aren't even in an installable .zip format. The files are in the mnt/sdcard/clockworkmod/download/bit.ly directory, but both roms I've downloaded are not being detected by cwm recovery as installable .zip files. Does anyone know why this would be?

No, they should be update.zip files (or *.zip) as that is what CWMR deals with. I am not sure, perhaps something is wacky with the links or the host?

I am not sure what it could be doing. I will look into it in a few (wife is playing Puffle Launch on my phone lol).

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
The file in that bit.ly folder is an update.zip, just with no file extension. I copied it to my PC and added the .zip extension to the end and it opened as a zip file, and it appears to be properly setup. Perhaps the recovery can acknowledge it is a .zip file even without the extension? But you can easily add a .zip extension if you wanted. You can do this via root explorer, or any file manager since it is on your sdcard.

If you prefer to use command line or adb you can go that method too (I can give instructions on how to do so if you wanted to go this method).

Sorry about double posting, but I was able to pry the phone from my wife's hands and I wanted to update the thread showing my findings.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The file in that bit.ly folder is an update.zip, just with no file extension. I copied it to my PC and added the .zip extension to the end and it opened as a zip file, and it appears to be properly setup. Perhaps the recovery can acknowledge it is a .zip file even without the extension? But you can easily add a .zip extension if you wanted. You can do this via root explorer, or any file manager since it is on your sdcard.

If you prefer to use command line or adb you can go that method too (I can give instructions on how to do so if you wanted to go this method).

Sorry about double posting, but I was able to pry the phone from my wife's hands and I wanted to update the thread showing my findings.

Nice work! (so the wife needs her own Nexus then eh?!) :p

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Nice work! (so the wife needs her own Nexus then eh?!) :p

Haha I try. My wife is kind of a technophobe, although she does enjoy playing games at times. Her phone is a Samsung clam shell phone from about 4 or 5 years ago, as one of those I buy a phone she gets a phone for free deals. She has an HP Touchpad with CM7 on it, but still comes to the Nexus (although I don't blame her as I do the same haha).