1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ROM Manager doesn't recognize my ROM

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by FSRBIKER, Mar 27, 2010.

1. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

Downloaded the Pro version two days ago, flashed recovery, installed BB with a Chevy kernel and all went fine. This morning did the update from the market and went to check to see if my ROM had updates but I had to flash the recovery again, did that but it doesn't recognize that I am running the BB ROM anymore so I can choose check for updates....any ideas?
  2. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

Bump for help
  3. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

I think I seen something where a couple of other people were having that problem with Rom manager not recognizing Bugless beast. I think there were 2 threads on it. Ima see if I can find it.
  4. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

actually just uninstall it from astro then reinstall it. then try to flash it. Because if you are not rooted droidmod is suppose to just do that: root you.
  5. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

I'm rooted and installed BB v.09 through ROM manager, it just doesn't show I am in the program so I can't check for updates.
  6. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

bump for some help
  7. FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER New Member

Koush recommended I try using Terminal Emulator and to make sure su permissions were correct, that didn't help though. I ended up downloading the same BB Rom and reinstalled it, it still did not recognize I had this Rom but I could at least start the Permissions application. When running this it had to reset around 140 permissions I saw but it would constatly get stuck around 70-80.

Used Rom Manager to download and install UltimateDroid 9.0 with chevy's LV 1.0 kernel and it noticed it right away, also only had to fix less than five permissions. Switched to a medium voltage kernel a little while ago to see if I can get the phone to run a little cooler, so far so good. I liked the bare bones of BB but Ultimate Droid is running very smooth and fast, Titanium Backup was a great investment to load back my apps for sure. All in all Rom Manager is a great app and makes switching ROM's very simple, hopefully more developers come on board....and everyone please support these developers with donations for all their great work!!
  8. 91jolson

91jolson New Member

I dont know if this is the same kind of problem that you have, but I was at UD 8.6.3, and when I went into Rom Manager to Update it, clicking the "Check for Rom Updates" didn't do anything, so I had to go into the "Download Rom" folder and just manually click the latest version of the rom.

Not sure if that helps your case though.
Search tags for this page
android doesnt see the rom
rom manager device not in list
rom manager didnt recognize my phone model
rom manager doesent recognize the phone model

rom manager doesn't list my phone

rom manager doesn't recognize device
rom manager doesn't see my rom
rom manager doesnt recognize that i have twrk
rom manager wont recognise phone model
rom not recognizing by rom manager
what if rom manager doesn't recognise your phone version