ROM Manager Crashed--Unable To Reinstall

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by rchusid, Aug 2, 2011.

1. rchusid

rchusid New Member

I installed ROM Manager last week and it was working fine. Today, while downloading other programs from the market, I got a new download of ROM Manager. I later tried to open it and ROM Manager crashed each time.

I next went to apps2sd and had it move from SD to phone to see if this would make a difference. The droid rebooted while doing this.

Since then there has been no sign that ROM Manager is actually on the phone. I've tried several times to install it from the market. Each time I got a message: Installation Error Insufficient storage space available.

There should be plenty of space on my phone. I removed the two apps I installed today in case they were creating a conflict. I also went to the developer's web site and downloaded the file. On installing I get a similar message that it is Out of space. There is an option to go to the Application Manager, which states I have 43 MB left.

Does ROM Manager use a different type of space which might have gotten used up? Could the crash while moving to phone done something to prevent it from installing? Any other ideas on getting this to reinstall?
  2. jyeley5

jyeley5 New Member

Try booting into recovery and wiping cache and dalvik cache, then try to reinstall
  3. rchusid

rchusid New Member

Tried that. Didn't work.

There's also something strange about the Market app. I tried to delete the data on that app and the delete button was grayed out I wound up deleting the app and then restoring it from Titanium Backup to get rid of the data in case bad data there was the problem. That didn't work either.
  4. rchusid

rchusid New Member

After spending quite a bit of time searching out and trying recommendations, I realized that it would take less time to go into recovery, delete all applications, and restore from backup. ROM Manager now works fine.
Search tags for this page
crash while installing rom
rom installing manager insufficient storage

rom manager insufficient storage

rom manager will not install insufficient stoeage

rom manger ot of spaes