ROM Manager Clockwork Recovery Problem

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Shusuke028, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Shusuke028

Shusuke028 New Member

Alright everytime I try to restore/backup/download and install a ROM, it reboots, and gets stuck at the Motorola symbol. then it reboots normally back into my ROM that I was just on.

When I try to download a rom from ROM Manager, i check backup rom and wipe data, however, when I do that, it gets stuck at the M so I have to battery pull... I've tried booting into recover by holding x+power button. I've tried ROM Manager's option to boot into Recovery.

I've erased my download cache in ROM Manager, I've tried flashing SPRecovery then back to Clockwork.. however, none of these have been working... what's going on here? It seems like my recovery is broken????

:icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_eek:
  2. SergeantDroid

SergeantDroid New Member

Try flashing the alternative recovery, reboot, then reflash clockwork. This happened to me a few times and this resolved it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  3. xliderider

xliderider New Member

To add to previous post, flash alternate recovery 2 or 3 times, then flash back to CM recovery another 2 or 3 times. Sometimes the flash to recoveries doesn't "take" on the first try.
  4. Shusuke028

Shusuke028 New Member

Oh alright, I'll have to try this out, thanks for the replies
    I'll post back when I find out how they go :)
  5. Shusuke028

Shusuke028 New Member

alright, I've tried both of your suggestions. I flashed the alternate once, then rebooted, flashed again, then rebooted. Then I flashed clockwork once, then rebooted, then flashed again and tried to reboot into recovery. Same thing is happening :(
  6. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

I'd install sprecovery and uninstall rom manager...never any problems with that method :D good luck!

EDIT: Yes it might be a couple more steps to flash a rom but it will save you lots of "stuck at the m" headaches in the future.
  7. Shusuke028

Shusuke028 New Member

alright, when u say that, do u mean then reinstall RM? Or just keep SPRecovery? The main reason i stayed with Clockwork is because I had all my backups on Clockwork

Alright, flashed SPRecovery and itworks... guess it's just a problem with clockwork or something :(. Well I'll just try to apply this ROM through the update.zip method
  8. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

If the rom you're currently using is fine I'd do a backup of that in sprecovery. Then you can do a wipe data/clear cache and install a new rom via sprecovery.
  9. reedwesd

reedwesd New Member

I was having the same problem as the OP and flased clockwork a few times and am now able to get in root screen and load my backup again. Thank you guys for you help.
  10. stang7606

stang7606 New Member

I was having the same problem, it occurs during the back-up stage. At least on my phone, the clockwork 2.5.0.1 appears to be broken when it comes to performing backups using Rom manager (not sure if the numbers are the same for straight clockwork). I use 2.5.0.0 and everything backs up fine.
  11. radio five

radio five New Member

This fixed my problem as well.
    Whew! I really wasn't in the mood for anything more complicated. I've flashed and reflashed and reinstalled apps and had to reset my screens so many times that if this, didn't work.... Well it just wouldn't be worth it.
    Thanks!
  12. guatemalened

guatemalened New Member

You could be lazy like me and when your phone starts to shut off and you know it will just restart....quickly press the x and power button and hold and clockwork recovery will automatically start and install whatever you were doing and reboot
  13. docsampson

docsampson New Member

I've been having this same issue. Tried flashing back and forth a couple times, but I can't get into recovery at all. Very frustrating as I just want to flash an overclock kernel. I can't even back up my current Rom. Please fix this Rom Manager!!
Search tags for this page
android rom manager stuck
no legacies recovery found rom manager ]
problems in clock work recovery
rom manager gets stuck on recovery

rom manager on droid pro

rom manager stuck on flashing#gsc.tab