Rom manager/app reinstalling issue

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by wolfe1177, Jul 31, 2010.

1. wolfe1177

wolfe1177 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, I have a rooted Droid and I've been dabbling in custom roms with Rom manager for the past 5 months or so. I was running a version of Cyanogen 5.something for about 2 months and hadn't felt the need to upgrade, but I recently decided to try out Bugless Beast 0.8 (or whatever the version number is, the latest Froyo build) and Cyanogen 6.something (again, the latest version available via Rom manager). The installations went smoothly, but when I went to restore my apps via Titanium backup, I got about halfway through and then was told there wasn't enough room to install any more apps. Same thing happened when I tried to install an app from the market. This happened on both Bugless and CM. Theres plenty of room on my SD (more than 10gb) and I never had any issues with having that amount of apps on my old version of CM. Am I missing something here, or is there something potentially going wrong with my phone? Or is there some sort of cache I need to clear (over the life of my phone being rooted, I've probably installed about 8 roms)? I'm just really confused, and I would really like to stick with one of these new versions for their Froyo features.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Sounds like Titanium is restoring to the phone, not the SD card. Why don't you try it without using Titanium and just get the Market apps back first? You may very well find everything in there.

I've never used Titanium to restore (although I do have it).
  3. droidman101

droidman101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On cyanogenmod you probably had apps2sd, right? You'll need to transfer some of your apps to your sdcard on bb :)
  4. wolfe1177

wolfe1177 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I didn't have app2sd, at least not that I know of. It isn't automatic is it?
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Nope. You would have had to move the apps to your SD card. If you want get terminal emulator and let me know, I got a copy of the commands for you for apps2sd.
  6. wolfe1177

wolfe1177 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm totally ok with trying apps2sd, but I didn't have it before and everything managed to fit... is it mandatory for CM and BB now or something?