1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ROM Load Error

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by kalkap, Dec 30, 2010.

1. kalkap

kalkap New Member

I rooted my wifes Moto Droid, installed Titanium Backup and did a backup, and also installed CWmod and made a copy of the currently installed stock rom.

My problem is that when I select a Rom to install from ROM manager (have tried multiple ROMS), the phone will load into recovery as it should but then fails with this message:

Assert failed:
    file_getprop(“/system/build.prop”, “ro.build.fingerprint”) == “Verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys”
    File_getprop(“/system/build.prop”, ” ro.build.fingerprint”) == “Verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.2/FRG01B/45394:user/release-keys”
    E:erros in /sdcard/update.zip
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Anyone know what this is about and even better, how to get around this?

Moto Droid
    Version 2.2.1
    Kernal: 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5
    Build: FRG83D
Search tags for this page

droid bionic update assert failed: file.getprop

rom manager assert failed getprop