[ROM] Lithium Mod - Source built awesomeness! Themes galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im_Gumby

Reaction score
Also I wasn't able to turn the shutter sound off w allinone.

So to summarize:
1. Google maps doesn't work.
2. Can't delete google maps w/ allinone

I select the option to uninstall maps and get:

rm failed for /system/app/maps.apk, read only file system
[1] killed pm uninstall ${2}
/system/xbin/allinone: cannot create /dev/nul: permission denied
3. can't turn shutter sound off w/ allinone.

Did you su before you ran allinone?

bpassino

Reaction score
Is there a reason autokiller settings do not persist on boot even if its set to execute at boot? Have not had this problem with SS or BB

otter34

Reaction score

So to summarize:

tyvm. Good news and bad news. The good news is that it worked and the camera is quiet and I was also able to delete maps. The bad news is that I can't reinstall maps. It downloads, goes to 100% then disappears. It's been probably 20 minutes and it's still not installed. If I go to market, select maps then click on it on the bottom it gives me only an option to "cancel download" Well it downloaded already so what's going on? If I open the market it shows google maps as downloading so I updated something else and that went fine and now it shows google maps 100% and it still stays in the "download" area. What can I do?

So I backed out of the market and restarted it then went to my downloads and google maps is still downloading....driving me crazy now

Last edited:

samsonite801

Reaction score

So to summarize:

tyvm. Good news and bad news. The good news is that it worked and the camera is quiet and I was also able to delete maps. The bad news is that I can't reinstall maps. It downloads, goes to 100% then disappears. It's been probably 20 minutes and it's still not installed. If I go to market, select maps then click on it on the bottom it gives me only an option to "cancel download" Well it downloaded already so what's going on? If I open the market it shows google maps as downloading so I updated something else and that went fine and now it shows google maps 100% and it still stays in the "download" area. What can I do?

So I backed out of the market and restarted it then went to my downloads and google maps is still downloading....driving me crazy now

Try going to manage apps and find the Market app and click to clear cache and maybe even click the clear data if the clear cache alone doesn't do it.

Then go back to the Market and reattempt installation of Maps.

Last edited:

samsonite801

Reaction score
how do i use the droid x with black bar theme? mines a stock 2.1 milestone droid. i downloaded it now i cant find the launch option or something to make the program appear.

You have to root your phone first. Then use either SPRecovery or ROM Manager to install the ROM you want.

otter34

Reaction score

Try going to manage apps and find the Market app and click to clear cache and maybe even click the clear data if the clear cache alone doesn't do it.

Then go back to the Market and reattempt installation of Maps.

Thanks a lot! That worked. I cleared both data and cache, downloaded maps and now maps works :)

DanDroidX

Reaction score
Is there a reason autokiller settings do not persist on boot even if its set to execute at boot? Have not had this problem with SS or BB

This is not a Rom issue, it is a SU 2.2 issue. Download and install SU 2.3 from Rom Manager or from the link below. Install it as you would any update.zip. The link below is a newer release than the one in RM... I think.

Download Superuser 2.3.2.1 for Android Free - Grant and manage Superuser rights for your Android phone. - Softpedia

audioscience

Reaction score
Here's a quick question: When I place a call and end a call my phone vibrates. I find it annoying.

Under Preferences on the Phone Dialer I have "Enable haptic feedback" disabled, but it says see CyanogenMod settings to adjust. I'm not sure what settings those are but am I missing something else that causes the vibration?

I do have haptic feedback on for soft key button presses, is that the cause?

Last edited:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
go to menu>settings>call settings> and uncheck "vibrate on hangup"...

Here's a quick question: When I place a call and end a call my phone vibrates. I find it annoy.

Under Prefreences on the Phone Dialer I have "Enable haptic feedback" disabled, but it says see CyanogenMod settings to adjust. I'm not sure what settings those are but am I missing something else that causes the vibration?

audioscience

Reaction score

Here's a quick question: When I place a call and end a call my phone vibrates. I find it annoy.

Under Prefreences on the Phone Dialer I have "Enable haptic feedback" disabled, but it says see CyanogenMod settings to adjust. I'm not sure what settings those are but am I missing something else that causes the vibration?

Perfect. Thanks. :)

packetdog

Reaction score

So to summarize:

First of all, let's assume Maps/Google Maps isn't showing up in the 'Absolute System LITHUIM MOD Free' that you downloaded from the market, and you can't uninstall it (with the Red Minus sign) right?

So let's assume that the Maps.apk is gone. Open the Terminal Emulator. INSTEAD of typing:
su <enter>
allinone <enter>

-- Type the following:
su <enter>
pm uninstall com.google.android.apps.maps <enter> (..it should say Successful here)
rb <enter>

Then your phone should reboot, and you should be able to open the Market app, and install Google Maps. If not, then you probably need to just re-flash lithium, WIPE data & cache, and start over. I just installed lithium that way w/ the 'Bluberry Froyo' theme on my brother's phone, and had -0- issues. I also have no Maps issues on this ROM, so I'm not sure what's happening over here. Good luck, and cheers!

Last edited:

samsonite801

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question. I am using Rom Manager to try new Rom's. Every time I download a new Rom is the old one still there somewhere and if so how can I delete it to save space?

ROM Manager has a button you can click to delete the download cache, or you can manually go into the /sdcard/clockworkmod/download/ folder and delete the folders manually if you prefer.

samsonite801

Reaction score

Perfect. Thanks. :)

You also gotta uncheck the 'Vibrate on Answer' to make it not vibrate when you initiate or answer a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.