[ROM] Lithium Mod - Source built awesomeness! Themes galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

audioscience

Reaction score
I'm running Lith Mod and just recently updated to the latest baseband (I used the one on Pete Alfonso's site).

It worked however since then my Key Lime themed phone dialer appears as a plain flat black dialer. It looks very basic and odd, it doesn't even look like the stock dialer. Any ideas as to why that would change?

Or better yet, how do I revert to the themed dialer?

I was mistaken. It is the phone answer swipe key fix that messes up my dialer.

I just reinstalled the Key Lime ROM which fixed my dialer then when I loaded the .zip to fix the answer key it messed up my dialer keys. I lose all the theming of the numeric buttons and the phone key.

Just wanted Insane to know so you guys can have a look at it. Thanks.

zenman77

Reaction score
I have the same thing running the next theme........ Flashing the swipe fix messes up the dialer. I thought it was just me.......

DrkStoner

Reaction score
Oh weird. What Chevy kernels did you try? Where were you downloading them from? I'm trying to think of what else could be causing the bootloop issue. As far as I know, most people don't have any issues installing Chevy's kernels on Lithium Mod unless their phone can't handle a specific speed.

For me personally, I never get any Chevy kernels to run right on my phone. Most cause bootloops or run insanely hot for some reason.

It's so weird to hear multiple people saying they have issues with Chevy's kernels. I know they were causing bootloops several weeks ago, but I thought that it had been resolved. I installed my chevy kernel the day he released the updated ones and haven't had any problems since. I haven't had overheating problems either. In fact, my phone has been running remarkably cool since installing it.

It's crazy to think that some phones can handle certain things and some can't, even if they're the exact same phone.

here have been a few hardware revisions to the droid including but not limite
d to Keyboard swaps and minor upgrades to the CPU the newer ones work best with Chevys in my experience and are usually identified by a flat keyboard while the older models handle P3 kernels better andthey have the bubbled keys although there are a few bubbled keys with the cpu revisions

vedwed

Reaction score
Its great, lovin the LiMod, but my phone frequently restarts itself when I open various apps, or slide through home screens.

zenman77

Reaction score
I'll try a Chevy kernel and see how that works....... It's funny that you mentioned the kernel as I was just wondering about that.....

aayoo

Reaction score
I'm running Lith Mod and just recently updated to the latest baseband (I used the one on Pete Alfonso's site).

It worked however since then my Key Lime themed phone dialer appears as a plain flat black dialer. It looks very basic and odd, it doesn't even look like the stock dialer. Any ideas as to why that would change?

Or better yet, how do I revert to the themed dialer?

I was mistaken. It is the phone answer swipe key fix that messes up my dialer.

I just reinstalled the Key Lime ROM which fixed my dialer then when I loaded the .zip to fix the answer key it messed up my dialer keys. I lose all the theming of the numeric buttons and the phone key.

Just wanted Insane to know so you guys can have a look at it. Thanks.

Quoted for emphasis. There is a bug in the caller slider fix zip.

otter34

Reaction score
Anybody else having a problem w/ maps not working? I tried deleting maps w/ Terminal emulator, but was unsuccessful. If I click on "my location" maps won't show it. Says waiting for location, but the gps icon doesn't popup so nothing happens.

If I clicked on "directions" it showed my starting location, but nothing else happened and it force closed. Just now I cleared data and it just shows a map of the US and won't show my location, nor will the directions work.

I'm using gala theme

I select the option to uninstall maps and get:

rm failed for /system/app/maps.apk, read only file system
[1] killed pm uninstall ${2}
/system/xbin/allinone: cannot create /dev/nul: permission denied

SethE

Reaction score
sethe you said Kernals aren't the problem because you haven't messed with them but that might actually be the problem. Different Droids and roms react differently to various Kernals. Both P3 droid and Chevyno1 have gotten great reviews and have Froyo compatible kernals in Rom manager. give them a try.

Thanks for the advice... Didn't solve my problems but it got me on the right track. I've been going through different kernels and have noticed a lot of differences. Also got me reading Overclocking 101, hope I didn't get stuck with a Droid that won't handle overclocking. I'll keep testing and hope I can find something that works.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used Rom Manager and got the Lithium Watermark ROM and chose the P3 1200mhz Kernal - it's running great. I used Overclocking 101 to set up SetCpu.

sethe you said Kernals aren't the problem because you haven't messed with them but that might actually be the problem. Different Droids and roms react differently to various Kernals. Both P3 droid and Chevyno1 have gotten great reviews and have Froyo compatible kernals in Rom manager. give them a try.

Thanks for the advice... Didn't solve my problems but it got me on the right track. I've been going through different kernels and have noticed a lot of differences. Also got me reading Overclocking 101, hope I didn't get stuck with a Droid that won't handle overclocking. I'll keep testing and hope I can find something that works.

MCdevil58

Reaction score
when i use the allinone script on the emulator it says that my stuff is changed but its not, do i have to apply it somewhere?

otter34

Reaction score
Also I wasn't able to turn the shutter sound off w allinone.

So to summarize:
1. Google maps doesn't work.
2. Can't delete google maps w/ allinone

I select the option to uninstall maps and get:

rm failed for /system/app/maps.apk, read only file system
[1] killed pm uninstall ${2}
/system/xbin/allinone: cannot create /dev/nul: permission denied
3. can't turn shutter sound off w/ allinone.

tracker

Reaction score
this is awesome rome but the under EVO Theme browser bookmark tab is broken or it dont look rite. is there way to get the fix?

thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.