[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The D3 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

dtdlurch

Reaction score
Only issue I'm noticing is the start-up tweaks are not working, again. The settings don't stick after you leave the screen.

Anyone else? Know any fixes?

I downloaded the Liberty Customizer donate version...might this have anything to do with it?

uconn_jack

Reaction score
I have been switching to safe mode, clearing data/cache, rebooting, installing the ROM zip (with no apparent errors), clearing data/cache again, and then trying to boot the ROM, but it just hangs on a blank screen for >20 minutes before I pull the battery. Tried this a few times, even redownloading the zip, but its always the same.

Steel Droid and Maverick have worked fine, but just can't seem to get Liberty to work. I have reviewed and seacrhed the forums, inluding rootwiki, hoping there was some special trick that needed to be done with this specific ROM, but have found nothing.

Maybe I will try installing an older Liberty ROM to see if that works' and also maybe reinstalling safestrap, maybe even rerooting.

Any ideas?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

dtdlurch

Reaction score
I wonder if it might have something to do with the base Maverick uses....

I really do not know why you would have that issue. I haven't had a problem!

You updated Safestrap 1.06?

I have been switching to safe mode, clearing data/cache, rebooting, installing the ROM zip (with no apparent errors), clearing data/cache again, and then trying to boot the ROM, but it just hangs on a blank screen for >20 minutes before I pull the battery. Tried this a few times, even redownloading the zip, but its always the same.

Steel Droid and Maverick have worked fine, but just can't seem to get Liberty to work. I have reviewed and seacrhed the forums, inluding rootwiki, hoping there was some special trick that needed to be done with this specific ROM, but have found nothing.

Maybe I will try installing an older Liberty ROM to see if that works' and also maybe reinstalling safestrap, maybe even rerooting.

Any ideas?

Riley

Reaction score
I installed it last night and all was well until I went into Liberty settings and switched the calender from ASOP to Blur. Trying to create a widget caused force closes, even after a few reboots.

uconn_jack

Reaction score
I wonder if it might have something to do with the base Maverick uses....

I really do not know why you would have that issue. I haven't had a problem!

You updated Safestrap 1.06?

Yes, its 1.06. Its confusing me too. I am a noob to android but by no means a novice when it comes to tech and computers. I believe I understand the process here, but for the life of me can't figure out why this isn't working if its known to be compatible. Guess I'll try rerooting and reinstallation of safestrap. I'll post how it goes.

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, its 1.06. Its confusing me too. I am a noob to android but by no means a novice when it comes to tech and computers. I believe I understand the process here, but for the life of me can't figure out why this isn't working if its known to be compatible. Guess I'll try rerooting and reinstallation of safestrap. I'll post how it goes.

When you download it, make sure to check the md5 sum. (If you haven't already) A guy on another board had issues with a bad download repeatedly. Once the md5 checked, it flashed no problem.

uconn_jack

Reaction score
Yup, that was it. Just like that person, the MD5s would not match up unless I downloaded over 3g. Wireless or PC->phone would always have mismatched numbers. I didn't check the Steel Droid or Maverick ROMS I downloaded wirelessly, but those installed fine regardless. Wonder why the consistent download errors for the Liberty ROM?

Thanks for your help!

bharrismac

Reaction score
Just bought the donate version because I aprreciate all the hard work you guys put into this rom. It's definitely my favorite so far and it's become a great daily driver.

MAMMOTHx

Reaction score
does anyone know if the huge amount of cell standby/phone idle battery usage was fixed on the 2.0 update?

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
i wanna figure out how to get the blur lockscreen on roms i like this version of liberty tho.... now to pony up the $5 lol

svickstc

Reaction score
Ive been running SD3.0 with a liberty theme, I think im going to flash this tonight and see how the rom runs..

svickstc

Reaction score
Flashing Now, will report back later in the day :)

Hopefully this can be my new daily driver, always loved the liberty themes, so im hoping the rom is the same quality :)

svickstc

Reaction score
Flashed it over, had most of my stuff reset up and restored and went to go flash "Liberty synergy alpha theme" and bootloop to the point where im downloading SBF files for fastbook :(

Rom did seem to run nice while i was pushing it hard setting all my stuff up..

Never had this happen in my days of flashing...hopefull will have my phone working by tonight to reflash, idk why that theme would not work?

edit: just SBF'd does anyone know if that theme is what caused my boot loop? Its weird its a liberty theme? it worked on SD3.0 no problem

Last edited:

svickstc

Reaction score
So after spending the day working my phone back out, I am no re flashed on Liberty...

This time it went much smoother from SBF then coming from SD3.0 that was tweaked....I wiped data both times before flash so idk?
The flash installed and booted perfectly after flashing the rom and then a boot animation (nexus) right before the first reboot. Loaded up just fine and it handled the intense amount of downloads and installs perfectly. After my first reboot some of my widgets had a problem loading, redid them, rebooted and they stuck.

Im quite impressed right out of the box with this app, I stuck with my launcher setup and runs much smoother than it has before. I know these things tend to run fast after a fresh reflash anywho so we will see how consistent it stays, either way I am going to purchase the donate through rom tool box tonight! I love how multiple widgets are group into there respective app now, the ported email app, etc, the customization, really nice, really nice!

I appreciate the work and look forward to updates! You seem to have something good here..

I do however want to know if the cause of my problem the first time was due to trying to flash the "Liberty Synergy Alpha v1.2" theme? I really like the teal/black theme and would like to have that, but fear a bootloop again after i spent hours getting my phone back to fresh

Anyways, loving the new rom it seems to run super smooth and quite fast, cant really say how the batt life is yet, but i never really complain much about that anyway, they do make chargers :)

Last edited: