[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Bionic 11/26 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

wooddale

Reaction score
I had installed the latest 5.5.893 update from online, will this work with that update? Can i still install this rom? How is the battery life compared to stock?

Im sure you can install this rom. As far as for battery life if your on 5.7.893 or 5.8.894 battery life should be better than stock

trulunacy

Reaction score
Great ROM, but it won't let me enable data roaming because it's missing the option in the Settings menu. Is there a possible fix for this?

rwbj2001

Reaction score
Please help. Im trying to install liberty rom Im using the bootstrap recovery and the liberty tool box, I am able to install it and get instal from card successful. I keep getting stuck at the stylized M logo boot screen where I use releasedroot to unbrick and restart all over. I have tried downloading the .zip into different places any advice would be awesome. Im going to try version 1 next

Reaction score
So do all the themes from the theme chooser work on liberty?

Sent from a PURIFI3D Bionic, but only in TH3ORY.

Reaction score
I have the donate version of the toolbox.

Sent from a PURIFI3D Bionic, but only in TH3ORY.

dannyxiii

Reaction score
My battery life experience so far is insanely good...

Low usage (texting, some calls, a couple YouTube vids, email, and browsing web for a little), and turning data off when not needed is key to these results...

:)

Very pleased! Great Job!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1322894888681.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1322894888681.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 241

lgalcarte

Reaction score
Just as a side note: When the dev suggests doing a wipe, its usually a good idea to go ahead and do so. Personally, I wipe every time (even if it's not suggested) and I haven't had an issue since I started doing so.

Get intimate with programs like Titanium Backup, SMS Backup and Restore, and ROM Toolbox. They are indispensable when restoring your newly flashed phone. I can usually go from a fresh and clean install to having the phone set up exactly like I had it in about 15 minutes.

15 minutes? Really? With your widgets and shortcuts, etc. on your homescreens? This is the reason I DON'T randomly flash roms. After I flash a new ROM it takes me HOURS to set my phone back up the way I like it. I backup my desktop configuration with GoLauncher and when I restore, it never gets the widgets. I always have to one by one add them again.

I have TB but sometimes if you use that to restore stuff, the app doesn't work right. I have found that using the market to restore the apps and then TB to restore the data is the best way for my phone. This, too, takes a lot of time. I have TONS of apps on my phone. I have the space so I've been using it!! Coming from the D1, where if I wanted a new app I had to delete an old one, I am truly taking advantage of all of the space I have available!

I also have assigned ringtones for different people (probably 15) in my contacts with RingoPro and I ALWAYS have to go through one by one and redo all of those. It is a REAL pain. I have asked them to incorporate a backup option but so far they haven't done that.

Because of how time consuming this all is, when I get a ROM, I usually hold on to it for awhile. I've had the (then latest) Liberty 1 with the Ice Cream Sammich theme for about a month or more after being on Th3ory's first ROM right after I got my Bionic on the first day and, while I have no complaints with Liberty, I'm dying to try out one of the new Th3ory ROMs.

Someday when I have a few hours to spare...

15 minutes??? Really??? :hail:

nateohio

Reaction score
Well I only have 54 apps, and don't use custom ringtones, but yeah it typically takes me about 15-20 min to get stuff set back up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Ive never understood how people get battery life like that. We all know 4g kills the battery, Im lucky to get 6hrs max. Im on my 2nd Bionic, Ive used Theory and Liberty, no difference. Even on my Droid 1 I couldnt get much more and I did everything I could to conserve it. I just have to charge alot.

wooddale

Reaction score
Ive never understood how people get battery life like that. We all know 4g kills the battery, Im lucky to get 6hrs max. Im on my 2nd Bionic, Ive used Theory and Liberty, no difference. Even on my Droid 1 I couldnt get much more and I did everything I could to conserve it. I just have to charge alot.
I was getting aboutthe same then I got extended battery now I get about 12 hrs

rwbj2001

Reaction score
hmmm I think im bricked. Swapped batteries still not starting up. I was listening to music, then a phone call came in did not answer just let it ring afterwards the phone froze replaying a second or two of the music. Popped out the battery after re inserting it the phone was stuck on M took out the battery again and now nothing but a dead hunk of phone... Any advice?

TheBluGerman

Reaction score
I was getting aboutthe same then I got extended battery now I get about 12 hrs

With using juice defender I get a full day of charge on average. I have seen at a max about 28-30 hours of battery life and that was with moderate use durring the day and keeping it on all night. On a day of heavy use I still see at least 12-14 hours of battery life, and I am not using the extended battery. This has been the same on liberty and theory roms.