[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droidx 11/02 - Its Time For A Revolution!

McBain01

Reaction score
Im having a tough time getting my calls and texts to go through on the first, second and even third trys. Anyone else having similar issues? I wiped all data coming over and Ive done all *228 items with no success.

Wanted to bring this back up real quick cause it was several pages ago and no response. Im on the 13P baseband so i dont thinks its a radio issue. I wiped the davlik and battery stats and it got a little better, but still extremely annoying having to try a call and text 3 times before it goes through. I havent seen any similar issues posted, anyone have any ideas? I came from RC1.1 which was also doing the same thing but on a greater level than this one is. However its still not good and i really want to stay on this rom

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Wanted to bring this back up real quick cause it was several pages ago and no response. Im on the 13P baseband so i dont thinks its a radio issue. I wiped the davlik and battery stats and it got a little better, but still extremely annoying having to try a call and text 3 times before it goes through. I havent seen any similar issues posted, anyone have any ideas? I came from RC1.1 which was also doing the same thing but on a greater level than this one is. However its still not good and i really want to stay on this rom

And I am making the assumption this does not happen when on other ROMs (besides RC 1.1, as mentioned above) or Stock? How is your cell signal? I used to live in spotty coverage and had trouble sending and receiving texts. Does it happen at various locations, or just at your main location (home or work)?

fishstick600

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks to the Dev of this rom.. I came from darkslideX (dont get me wrong i loved bb's rom).. I absolutely love this rom. It is super smoothe and the battery life is amazing. Keep up the good work..Dont let the X die!!

McBain01

Reaction score
And I am making the assumption this does not happen when on other ROMs (besides RC 1.1, as mentioned above) or Stock? How is your cell signal? I used to live in spotty coverage and had trouble sending and receiving texts. Does it happen at various locations, or just at your main location (home or work)?

Did not happen on other Roms. Signal is good. Usually have 3 bars and never have less than 2. Outside the house in this area is usually full bars or 3 at the least. We are in a new home but have been here a month and a half and it has only been an issue the last 2 weeks. It does seem to happen in various areas as well though i havent had a ton of opportunity to test that working from home most of the tie. I will be traveling the next 3 days so ill be able to give it a good analysis then but think it will be similar result

Je11yman

Reaction score
When I try to share a contact it just kicks me out of the contacts app. No force closing or anything, just back to my homescreen.

Blur camera works great for me. Been using it since install and have taken at least 50 pictures. No issues at all.

Yeah, the no-share-contacts thing is weird, but not the end of the world. My no-blur-camera is a bit more frustrating. I can only assume that when I used Titanium Backup to restore apps and data I copied over some old crap that I shouldn't have.

Sonicshaman

Reaction score
just installed yesterday, back from MIUI. Seems very good so far, although I can't comment on battery life yet. Hope for customization in the future. Also have the "share contacts" issue.
How do I make it silent when emails come in, I'm not seeing that option?

Je11yman

Reaction score
just installed yesterday, back from MIUI. Seems very good so far, although I can't comment on battery life yet. Hope for customization in the future. Also have the "share contacts" issue.
How do I make it silent when emails come in, I'm not seeing that option?

Go into menu key> more> settings> (choose your account) of your email app, then clear the checkbox next to notifications.

barski

Reaction score
I gotta say the batter life is phenomenal! Best i've ever seen on my Droid X! I came from the latest CM7GB, and Liberty is so refreshing. Great Job Dev's! Thanks for the Excellent Rom!

stewdaddy123

Reaction score
Battery life is good, yes, and I am using the new Liberty3 on my Droid, but Apex in my opinion has crazy good battery life, best I've seen. CM7 just eats battery like crazy.

I gotta say the batter life is phenomenal! Best i've ever seen on my Droid X! I came from the latest CM7GB, and Liberty is so refreshing. Great Job Dev's! Thanks for the Excellent Rom!

Je11yman

Reaction score
doesn't that just remove from the status bar?

Yes, it does. My misunderstanding. If you want to keep the notifications, but have them silent, then you go menu key> more> settings> (choose your account)> labels to notify> inbox> ringtone.

jasadell

Reaction score
I wouldn't think it matters. I have been using the D2 bootstrap since GB came out. Still am. I would try re-downloading. Then go from there.

I initially tried to install from 1.1 using the ROM Toolbox but it would fail to to install from ClockworkMod after the reboot. After the attempt, however, I just used the D2 Bootstrap (clockwork) to boot into recovery, did a wipe/reset (to be safe) and installed form there. If the ROM Toolbox download completed (which took forever, btw) it's in sdcard\roomtoolbox\downloads\Nightlies.

Alternatively, you can download the link form the initial post of this thread and move it via USB. This method is considerably faster.

If you enable Google Backup (Settings/Privacy/'Back up my data' and 'Automtic restore') and do a full backup using Titanium Backup before to your install, the prior will catch 90% of your restore automatically, and the latter will fill in the rest quickly.

JD

Sonicshaman

Reaction score
that was it-cheers!

Yes, it does. My misunderstanding. If you want to keep the notifications, but have them silent, then you go menu key> more> settings> (choose your account)> labels to notify> inbox> ringtone.

imp3r10

Reaction score
is this rom much better than liberty GB? im on v.8 currently

also is wifi tethering working with this?

maximumpower

Reaction score
My battery life is way better on Liberty 3 than it was on LGB 0.9. I don't remember how it was on LGB 0.8. I don't know about wireless tethering. I don't use it. Way too expensive!

I am glad I moved to Liberty 3. I like the new features and like every other Liberty version, it runs well on my phone. Certainly better than the stock ROM.