[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droidx 11/02 - Its Time For A Revolution!

dumbstrong

Reaction score
I can't seem to boot into CWM Recovery to try to flash something. I've used DX Bootstrapper and ROM Manager to try to get to it, but after the "M" (motorola) logo disapears, I just get a blank black screen.. nothing else happens..

Can someone tell me how I can boot into it?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Turn off USB debugging in settings>applications>development

Boot Manager

aurelius88

Reaction score
i thought it was on the screen after you click apply update from sd card...it should go to a second menu where you would "choose file from sd card" or something...i thought they were the bottom to options on that menu

I'm not seeing this folder, can you elaborate? I have the same problem as dsiviper

Kasey923

Reaction score
If your recovery screen only has 4 options, or you don't see the option "apply zip from sd card," then it sounds to me like you don't have root access. It should be, if I remember correctly, the 4th of 6 options.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

PubUltraStar

Reaction score
I've had Liberty 3 for a couple of weeks now, and my Droid X has run better. My only issue is the Blur Alarm Clock. I have my alarm set for 6:10pm each day, which actually sets the alarm off at 6:10am. The time on the phone is set correctly, and I'm wondering if it's a bug that that alarm time needs to be set 12 hours off of when I really need it to go off. Additionally, when the alarm does go off at 6:10am, and I press snooze, the phone freezes. I'll probably just switch to the AOSP Desk Clock or find another alarm clock in the Market in the meantime. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

bkendrick

Reaction score
I have the blur alarm and it's working great. I would remove it and re-install without previous data. If that doesn't work reflash liberty, no wipe, and remove the desktop clock then reapply the blur alarm.

DX. CFU. LIB 3 1.0

PubUltraStar

Reaction score
RE-Install

I have the blur alarm and it's working great. I would remove it and re-install without previous data. If that doesn't work reflash liberty, no wipe, and remove the desktop clock then reapply the blur alarm.

DX. CFU. LIB 3 1.0

Reinstallation seemed to work on the am/pm issue. I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to see if the snooze/freeze issues goes away. Thanks for the help.

Agent0ero

Reaction score
After having set email and text messaging to have two separate notification ringtones, the email notification ringtone defaults to the text messaging ringtone.

Any suggestions on how to obtain two separate notification ringtones for email and text messaging?

skeptiq

Reaction score
What a work horse! I love the ROM! Thanks for all the hard work!

Ben

Nepenthe

Reaction score
I hate to ask this, but I have been busy and haven't been back to the site for a while, so I have some catching up to do. I am on Liberty GB v 0.9. Which is kernel 2.6.32.9. I see here that it says must be on at least .602, is that the kernel version and I am on .632, which I am ok, or do I need go download another Kernel?
Thanks for any help
Nepenthe

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, that is system version. Most likely you are on .596 system anyway. Check your baseband and see if the last numbers are .13. If not, you are on .596. You can install it over your ROM, but you wont be able to get the newest baseband (radio) and there's no guarantees on issues.

Your best bet would be to sbf to .602, root using the D3 Root method and then install this

X

yojoho

Reaction score
I'm on LibertyGB 0.9 and really wanted to SBF and upgrade to Liberty3 this holiday weekend...but once I got to my family's house I realized I stupidly brought my mac instead of my PC...am I SOL in terms of updating this weekend or is there another way around this? I have the Paid Version of the Rom Toolbox. Can I just use the Toolbox to download the Official OTA of "Full Gingerbread (2.3.3) 4.5.602 All-in-One Updater)" and then root using D3 method and then install Liberty 3? It says to do this all-in-one updater I must be running a .340 based Rom and I'm not sure if I am currently on it....Will this work?

Sorry if this seems like the a similar question that has been in this thread already...I just don't want to be stuck with a phone that is worthless the entire weekend until I can SBF on Sunday night...but at the same time my next few weeks are pretty killer schedule-wise with work so I really hope I can update my phone now and work out any kinks...

Nepenthe

Reaction score
My last numbers are .12P, so I guess I am not on that. Now I was trying to read to find out where to get SBF .602, still reading though

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on LibertyGB 0.9 and really wanted to SBF and upgrade to Liberty3 this holiday weekend...but once I got to my family's house I realized I stupidly brought my mac instead of my PC...am I SOL in terms of updating this weekend or is there another way around this? I have the Paid Version of the Rom Toolbox. Can I just use the Toolbox to download the Official OTA of "Full Gingerbread (2.3.3) 4.5.602 All-in-One Updater)" and then root using D3 method and then install Liberty 3? It says to do this all-in-one updater I must be running a .340 based Rom and I'm not sure if I am currently on it....Will this work?

Sorry if this seems like the a similar question that has been in this thread already...I just don't want to be stuck with a phone that is worthless the entire weekend until I can SBF on Sunday night...but at the same time my next few weeks are pretty killer schedule-wise with work so I really hope I can update my phone now and work out any kinks...

You can use the Linux SBF CD on a Mac computer. Or you can try the 2.3.340 All In One file in the Toolbox and then the .605 All In One file. Make sure you format system and then mount system before you install each file. Some have had issues with this method though, so it would be best to use the SBF CD

X