[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droid3 11/04 - Its Time For A Revolution!

yahyaisrael

Reaction score
Need some help. I'm new to installing ROMs. I installed the Blue Steel Room to check it out, and now I want to check out the Liberty ROM. I'm using ROM Manager Premium From ClockworkMod. Now when I try to flash a new ROM, using the "Install ROM from SD Card" the system reboots as if it will install ROM but just reboots all the way with out actually installing ROM. I don't know why it is not working now, and I don't know what to do to get it working again. I have done several Factory Resets and reinstall of the app, but nothing seems to work. I would like to try several ROMS maybe even some Beta or Alpha ROMs, so I don't want to get stuck with a ROM one it is installed. I know many people switch ROMs all the time, so I know that I should be able to do it with ClockworkMod ROM Manager. Could somebody please give me some advice and tell me what I might be doing wrong, and how to do it right, and better for the future. Please remember I'm new to this.

Reaction score
Try just not using rom manager. And make sure to use safestrap if the rom says so. I never use rom manager. Using safestrap I get into recovery and go from there.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

yahyaisrael

Reaction score
Try just not using rom manager. And make sure to use safestrap if the rom says so. I never use rom manager. Using safestrap I get into recovery and go from there.

I tried to do some research and find out what a safestrap was and how to get one. I did find it is so I can keep my current ROM in place. At this point I already replaced my Original ROM, I couldn't back it up, it kept failing the backup. So I went ahead and Flashed the Blue Steel as described before. I just want to try a flash more ROMs but at this point something not working. I don't know how to use a bootstrap or a safestrap (or even what is the difference, and haven't found them yet either. I just want it simple and able to to do it. I do like the way the boot manager works, I can even select the roms that are available right from the manager and install them from there. And perform updates as well. This is pretty handy and easy. But again. Something seems to be broken and not sure what I did.

Reaction score
Safestrap i believe to be better and safer to use. Its better in the way you will always be able to get into recovevery mode. You install it and you turn your phone off then back on and after the moto screen it shows safestrap and you can just wait a few seconds and it continues your boot up or wile its on that screen you hit the menu botton and you are at the recovery screen. So if you get a bootloop you can always get recovery. Now there is more you need to do to put a rom on your phone with this but its not hard. Best thing with safestrap is when you enable the safe syestem it backups you stock rom automaticlly. And very quick to. And if you don't like the rom your on all you do is disable safe system and your phone goes back to stock just as you left it.

Reaction score
Check to see you have clockwork recover within the app. Its the very first option

yahyaisrael

Reaction score
Check to see you have clockwork recover within the app. Its the very first option

Yes I do have that. And I used it. But it just boots all the way. Something not right. I'm not tech handicapped, I'm just new to this on phones. If I had freinds in the area that know how to do this. I have him explain it. I will try to understand your other post and see if I can figure out something. I'm not totaly screwed. I have the BlueSteel ROM running, I just can seem to get any other ROM now. What you say about the boot Safestrap sounds cool and would be nice for testing ROMS till I find one I like. Just have to figure out how I can do that, then back to tring to put another ROM in. Is there a link that can take me step by step for the Droid 3. I would love to try Liberty ROM and CynogenMOD, especially 9 when it comes out. BTW, by original Stock is already gone, now. I did over write it with BlueSteel.

yahyaisrael

Reaction score
Got it. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but when I manually downloaded the Droid3 bootstrap from the market and installed, it worked. Got Liberty running right now with SPB 3D shell and it runs really smoth. My only problem with Liberty right now is the Auto app. I like it but I can't add in my own Nav software to the short cuts. Selecting "Other applications" just give me Home Launchers and Google Voice to add as short cut. I would really love to add my own shortcuts to the Auto app.

Anyways thanks for the help

Stik

Reaction score
I know I'm talking to air here but will data roaming be fixed in the 2.0 version?

yahyaisrael

Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed getting an unresponsive right-side screen when viewing the app drawer and trying to launch apps. You can keep tapping on it, and you may get it, but the right side doesn't respond well. I'm currently running Liberty 3 1.1

OK, now I'm running Liberty 2.0 and this issue persist.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I noticed it when the from first came out. I think all the apps are sopposed to go all the way across the screen when in landscape mode and I think that has something to to with it.

Jasonb74

Reaction score
There has been update to v2 over at xda!