Not open for further replies.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
not quite. I had to update to the 2.3.5 gingerbread that i found in one of the CM7 D2 threads. Then i installed CM7 and G apps.

EDIT 1: now im curious if the 2.3.5 is what is giving me probs, the only one i see people using is 2.3.3. What the hell is 2.3.5 and where did it come from? Another question i have is I noticed the kernel changed. With the D2 having a locked kernel, where did the new one come from...the 2.3.5 update or CM7?

EDIT 2: something else i just found interesting. I went and looked at the info i used to update. The 2.3.5 file i used actually said 2.3.20 when i downloaded it. How come now on the phone it says 2.3.5?

Not sure exactly what update method you used. All otas are currently at 2.3.3 for the d2. When you flash cm7 it is 2.3.5 so I can see you having it after flashing cm. The gb update is official from moto so it does change the kernel and the 2.3.20 is the system version and not the os version.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK folks, been out of the loop for quite a while. Have a D2 (not D2G), currently running Liberty 2.0.1. My camera has stopped focusing altogether, and have a few other issues. I am not sure if they are ROM related or simply hardware or app failures. Anyway, want to go to the latest version of Liberty or perhaps something else if there's better. Question...do I need to SBF back to a stock and then OTA before going to Liberty Gingerbread 0.8, or can I flash right over 2.0.1? If I need to SBF, can someone point me in the right direction visa vie which version of stock ROM to flash, which version of RSD I should be using? I have RSD Lite 4.9 Multi-flash now. Can this work? Also, do I need to wipe, and clear caches too? I want to do the fastest and easiest way, but don't want to get hung in a boot loop or other recovery problem. I used Z4 to root originally and still have it as well. Thanks to anyone who's willing to help.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry for the delayed response. The best way to go is sbf back to froyo then take the ota. You can not root using z4 after you do though, you will need to use the D3 One-Click root. I suggest finding the one titled "Pete's Motorola Root Tool." It works very well. After that you can flash liberty gb.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Oh and 4.9 should work fine. I used it when I had my d2 many times. As far as the sbf. Search for "Mydroidworld triple threat." And make sure it is for the droid 2 and to use the full sbf from that thread. Should be something like 2.3.20 system version.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Oh and 4.9 should work fine. I used it when I had my d2 many times. As far as the sbf. Search for "Mydroidworld triple threat." And make sure it is for the droid 2 and to use the full sbf from that thread. Should be something like 2.3.20 system version.

Thanks JSM, your reply was timely as I am just looking to see if I had any responses now. I'll follow your lead on this and report my success back later. Also, I know there are lots of different roms and many people swear by one or the other, however I do know Cyanogen is highly regarded. Should I be considering CY7 instead?

Thx.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
CM7 is definitely a great rom and is very fast and stable in my opinion. I can't make a comparison with liberty gb because I have never run it. The biggest complaint people have about cm is the lack of blur functions. For example HDMI among others.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
CM7 is definitely a great rom and is very fast and stable in my opinion. I can't make a comparison with liberty gb because I have never run it. The biggest complaint people have about cm is the lack of blur functions. For example HDMI among others.

Oops, Yeah, CM7, not CY7 :icon_eek:. Don't know where that came from. OK, haven't tackled it yet. I have to backup everything first. I may give it a whirl late Sunday or sometime Monday (I'm off work! YAY!) I have never been a big fan of Blur, so I may be completely happy with CM7. I still want to give Liberty Gingerbread a go too. It will be interesting to find out if the camera on my phone (no longer focusing) is completely done or not. I may be in the market for a used D2, unless I can come into some money for a new Droid Bionic. I likey! :) I hear some awesome new phones may be coming which may be even cooler than the Bionic though, so I may wait it out.

Thanks for the help.

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone here has experience with Liberty and Boot Manager? I have Liberty v.09 installed as one of my SD ROMs, and it is slow as hell. Slow to load, swiping is slow, apps load slowly - not sure if this is a boot manager problem, or a Liberty problem. I have ApeX and MIUI installed as well, and they both work fine. CM7 is my phone ROM - it works fine too. I am on the OTA GB update - but no one seems to be having problems running Liberty on that.

Ideas?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone here has experience with Liberty and Boot Manager? I have Liberty v.09 installed as one of my SD ROMs, and it is slow as hell. Slow to load, swiping is slow, apps load slowly - not sure if this is a boot manager problem, or a Liberty problem. I have ApeX and MIUI installed as well, and they both work fine. CM7 is my phone ROM - it works fine too. I am on the OTA GB update - but no one seems to be having problems running Liberty on that.

Ideas?

Some ROMs seem to run slower using Boot Manager. I had that problem with ICX. I guess since the base is close to Liberty (mobile_sensei).

Boot Manager

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
Yeah - it runs, just very slowly.

I'm going to try a class 10 sd card and see if that makes a difference.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.