[ROM] [ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowassveedub

Reaction score
CM7 is Froyo-based IIRC. If it really is, you'll need to SBF back to stock, install the GB leak, and finally install LGB.

Sent from my D2 running Liberty GB 0.9

This is giving me fits! Bored today so I SBF'd back to stock, rooted my phone again and I have what I think is the GB leak zip file on my sd card.

I have rom manager installed and I can't get the phone to reboot in to recovery or bootloader or whatever I need to get it to boot to so I can install this zip and then go to LGB.

Lowassveedub

Reaction score
So let me ask this.

Say I install Liberty Toolbox again and then install that rom to go to Liberty froyo.

Would I then be able to install the gingerbread leak and then flash to the Liberty for gb??

Seems like the long way around but since I can't get my phone to boot in to recovery so I can install the zip from the sd card I'm thinking installing Liberty for froyo might let me????

Not sure what else to try.

Inelastic

Reaction score
So let me ask this.

Say I install Liberty Toolbox again and then install that rom to go to Liberty froyo.

Would I then be able to install the gingerbread leak and then flash to the Liberty for gb??

Seems like the long way around but since I can't get my phone to boot in to recovery so I can install the zip from the sd card I'm thinking installing Liberty for froyo might let me????

Not sure what else to try.

I had the same problem myself. I installed the Liberty Toolbox and Rom Manager. Both weren't allowing me to boot into the clockwork bootstrap. But, Koush's bootstrap app worked just fine for me. Try that.

Lowassveedub

Reaction score
Update. I was able to sbf to stock and then rerooted the phone and now I'm on Gingerbread.

Tried to install Liberty from file on sd card. Liberty loaded but every single app force closed on me and I couldn't do a thing. Had to pull the battery sbf AGAIN, and then install Gingerbread AGAIN!

Not sure why the Liberty install didn't work.

I also tried it from the Liberty Toolbox app and that wouldn't reboot into recovery to install.

Lowassveedub

Reaction score
Update to the update.

I suck at reading and following directions.

On GB. Booted in to recovery, wiped data/factory reset, went back installed zip from sd. Pick LGBD2 file and insstalled flawlessy.

I am now good to go and hopefully won't be ruining this thread anymore!

Thanks all for your help!

Lowassveedub

Reaction score
I've got a new question today!!

I've downloaded several small toggle widgets that I used to use before I went with Liberty, maybe even before I rooted my phone I can't remember exactly.

Anyway, I've downloaded the ones I want and now when I press on the home screen to get the popup for widgets and I go in there, I do not see any of them.

Any ideas on another way I can get this on my home screen if they're not showing up in the widgets section?

I would use the power manager that comes with Liberty but there are options that I want that aren't on that one.

I also can't remember the name of the other power manager widget I had downloaded before going to Liberty.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Inelastic

Reaction score
I've got a new question today!!

I've downloaded several small toggle widgets that I used to use before I went with Liberty, maybe even before I rooted my phone I can't remember exactly.

Anyway, I've downloaded the ones I want and now when I press on the home screen to get the popup for widgets and I go in there, I do not see any of them.

Any ideas on another way I can get this on my home screen if they're not showing up in the widgets section?

I would use the power manager that comes with Liberty but there are options that I want that aren't on that one.

I also can't remember the name of the other power manager widget I had downloaded before going to Liberty.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

Those toggle widgets might have been from the manufacturer. I know mine had them on the stock R2D2 rom. Beautiful widgets has them. Fancy widgets might have them as well.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

khelek

Reaction score
Anyone having any of the following issues?

• When disconnecting WiFi, the phone does not connect to 3G data until a reboot.
  • Randomly, when making an outbound call, after dialing the number and pressing call, a "toast" will appear showing "0:00" as if the call was ended. This will happen over and over until a reboot.
  • When playing memory-intensive games like Plants vs Zombies or Cut the Rope, the phone will randomly do a soft reboot.

Let me know if you are.

Am I the only one having these issues?

I can attest to the first 2 (which I think is related...I assumed #2 was a result of not being able to connect back to 3G....). I can't say for certain about #3, but can say that my phone seems to be rebooting randomly quite a bit lately. I don't know if it's something memory intensive I'm running or what.

jvanekel

Reaction score
What am I missing.

So I just spent the day going from Liberty 2.0.1 back to froyo, then up to the pre-rooted GB 2.3.3. All so that I could get LGB. Now I can't seem to figure out how to install it. I purchased the ROM Toolbox, and can even get to where it says Liberty Gingerbread V0.9, but I can't get any further then that. I click on it, say install, wipe data cache and wipe dalvik cache and it reboots my phone like normal and nothing changes. I would really super dooper love it if someone could point me in the right direction. I'm not a total newb, but my experience is limited. Thanks in advance.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do it manually. Dl the rom. Then exit out of the toolbox. Go into root explorer and go to sd/liberty/nightlies. It will be there. Rename the file and add (.zip) to the end. Then boot into cw, wipe data, mount system and install zip from sd. Reboot. You should be fine.

MIUI

jvanekel

Reaction score
still nothing

lgbdx09main is the name of the file I found. It was in 'RomToolbox'>downloads>nightlies. I added a .zip to it. Or was I suppose to actually zip the file? Boot in to CR and tried to install it, and nothing. Message says

/tmp/recovery.log was copied to /sdcard/clockworkmod/recovery.log. Please open ROM manager to report the issue.

What does this mean? Am I doing something wrong?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thats how I did it a month ago or so. I added (.zip) to the file. Wiped data, mount system and install. Worked fine for me.

MIUI

jvanekel

Reaction score
Apparently I've lost all data. Going back to rooted GB to see if its a verizon thing or a rom thing. Grrrrr.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Eek. I would flash it again and then activate the phone with *228 option 1. Better yet, screw this rom and get on cm7. It will blow your mind.

CM74D2

Status
Not open for further replies.