[ROM] [ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for the help and the explanations on some of this stuff!!

My next question is it is worth all this trouble to go back to stock, then to GB then to Liberty versus staying with Cyanogen?

Do the pros out weight the cons on this?

No prob, happy to help :D

As far as pros and cons....its really up to you. I flash back and forth all the time. I love the MIUI interface but it kills batt pretty fast. Same with CM7. Liberty is great on batt life but not as customizable. That's why I flash roms a lot. I like to try them out and see what fits. I've been on MIUI for about a week. I'll prob flash to Liberty in a few days. Go back and forth and see what you like.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

KOBALT

Reaction score
I like Justice because it gives you the best of Liberty and CM. :D

Sent from my Justified DROIDX

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
I like Justice because it gives you the best of Liberty and CM. :D

Is justice out already? I thought it wasn't gonna be done til after august?

Edit: just saw your signature. Justice isn't out for D2 yet....at least that I know of.

KOBALT

Reaction score
Apologize for the X/X2 mixup. :doh

Justice is the best ROM i've tried. I've used pretty much every one, too. It's super fast.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score

Justice is the best ROM i've tried. I've used pretty much every one, too. It's super fast.

How's the battery life? My only probs with CM7/MIUI is battery life.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
The other funny thing about all this is that when I reboot my phone I still get the Liberty splash screen for a few seconds before getting the Cyanogen screen. LOL!

Once you sbf that'll get fixed. You'll get the moto splash and D2 boot animation.

KOBALT

Reaction score

How's the battery life? My only probs with CM7/MIUI is battery life.

I work 12 hour shifts. I'm on my phone a good amount of time using Tapatalk, Facebook, Twitter and Dolphin HD browser....pretty much anything that uses the data network :p I also turn my screen brightness down to conserve power. I have all my notifications set around an hour, depending on the app. By the time I leave, my battery is around 40+/-.

I'd say it conserves the battery pretty decent. I also have my overclock set at 1.15GHz with Ultra low voltage using Jrummy's Andorid Overclock. :)

markg777

Reaction score
corporate email

Is there any options for corporate mail, like for exchange? I use my phone for email for work, and i don't want to flash my phone if it doesn't support this option.

TPX00

Reaction score
I've got D2 LGB .9 I'm running Handcent and Messaging. And I am gonna throw my phone out to pasture if I can't figure out how to get rid of the duplicate text notifications. Tried freezing, uninstalling both apps seperately but no good. I'm getting the white envelope in the Notif. bar. any suggestions? I'm thinking there must be another app thats causing it, like with the yahoo contacts issue.

scushard

Reaction score
Turn off Messaging notifications

Hey TPX00! Don't throw your phone out just yet. Did you try going into Messaging app itself and turning off the Notifications setting?

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
I think it has to do with the customizer,if you added the asop text and bur text. Read earlier in the thread, I think someone posted a fix for it.

Reaction score
You have to open the messaging app you don't want to use, go into its settings, and disable notifications. It would be giving you double alerts regardless if you were using Liberty GB, Liberty Froyo, Stock, etc. It's not Liberty in this case.

TPX00

Reaction score
thanks for the quick responses! I tried turning all notifications off and still get one. I'm thinking it's in the customizer so i'll see if i can find the fix it for it. I'll let you know what happens.

Cant find anything regarding it. :-(

Last edited:

TPX00

Reaction score
Messaging and LP

Still havent found a fix for multiple message notifications. Even wiped all cache and date via TB. but now an even odder problem. I use the LP Messaging Widget and the times stamps are set to 7 hrs prior and 30 yrs earlier. my last that came in at 10:00 am this morning. said 3 am 1969. lol everything else with liberty is amazing and runs blazing fast!

Note: The top message is from System Txt message, the middle is the notification from Handcent, and the one I can't figure out is the bottom one.

Edit: new pic, I'm concerned about the white envelope on the left hand side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.