[ROM] [ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

duck on quack

Reaction score
I just installed Liberty GB v0.8 and I am not seeing the themes section anywhere in the Toolbox. The Market screenshot shows a themes button under the font button, but it's just not there. Does anyone know why this is?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, those are old pics. Themes for liberty gb have their own respective threads on these forums. So go to the d2/dx section, then roms, then liberty. Look around and you'll see some available themes (gingercomb juiced, oreoslice, arcticslice, Blacked out red etc...)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

duck on quack

Reaction score
Thanks for the info; I will look around the forum.

So, just to be clear, the latest version of Liberty Toolbox from the Market no longer includes an "Install Themes" section within "Liberty Mods"?

I used to love the ease of installing themes from the Liberty Froyo toolbox, but I can understand why this wouldn't be included with the GB ROM release if there aren't many themes to choose from yet. Is there any possibility of this feature being added to the toolbox in the future?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sure its a possibility. No, the toolbox doesn't contain a theme installer. Liberty GB is still in beta and the devs are working on a few new projects as well. Time will tell, but for now just dl themes from the forums

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

s1nner

Reaction score
Issues with 0.9

Anyone having any of the following issues?

• When disconnecting WiFi, the phone does not connect to 3G data until a reboot.
  • Randomly, when making an outbound call, after dialing the number and pressing call, a "toast" will appear showing "0:00" as if the call was ended. This will happen over and over until a reboot.
  • When playing memory-intensive games like Plants vs Zombies or Cut the Rope, the phone will randomly do a soft reboot.
  • Sometimes after rebooting the phone, when it finally starts to load the home screen it will do another soft reboot.

Let me know if you are.

sikbrik

Reaction score
I was having the wifi/3g issue. That's the specific reason I went back to stock GB leak. I switch from wifi to 3g a lot (well, tasker does it for me.)

Had a few reboots that made no sense back then but I can't really match them to the listed symptoms for sure.

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
No probs here. Never had any reboots of any kind.

sent from my Liberated Gingercomb Juiced DROID2

diab0lik

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows what in the hell the deal is with gingerbread rom's and custom ringtones.

I had issues on gb leak, horrrrrible issues on apex (FC's and reboots -- why i ported to liberty in the first place) and they continue on liberty to a degree.

Placing ringtones/notifications/alarms in /media/audio/[foldername] leads to them not showing up in android system...immediately. But then after like 30-60 minutes they seem to find their way in and everything works fine. But if I reboot my phone, I just have no ringtone or notification sounds (simiar issues in the past it has just defaulted to some kind of sound at least).

Just wondering what is causing this strange interaction. To be more specific anytime I unmount and remount the SD card this occurs.

Also I get a swype FC on every boot.

Running liberty 0.9.....any ideas?

Other than that fantastic rom, great work guys.

Update: turns out although the ringtones reappear and reassociate with contact specific ringtones and whatnot, the notification settings are wiped across the board and no sound will play.

I guess maybe I just have to deal for now. I wanna care enough to sbf back to a froyo rom, but I just don't.

Last, anybody having probs w their camera on gingerbread roms? I have had problems in all of them -- basically just refuses to focus, period. Wondering if my d2 is messed up and causing the probs.

Reaction score
The only issue I'm having is my absolute inability to look at, add a new, or change contacts. If I want to call someone, I have to remember their number because if I try to open a contact, the dialer force closes and I can't access them. It's quite frustrating to say the least. Is there a fix for that I don't know about?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you freezing anything with titanium backup? If so, you may be freezing an app that is needed for contacts to work properly.

CM74D2

Reaction score
Are you freezing anything with titanium backup? If so, you may be freezing an app that is needed for contacts to work properly.

CM74D2

No, I'm not. I have Titanium installed, but I don't even use it. I may as well remove it. Even when I do use it, it's strictly for backups, not freezing anything.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, the reason I asked is because I had the same issue when I was on liberty and it was because I was freezing yahoo mail (which I don't even use). That fixed it.

CM74D2

The Albatross

Reaction score
You get Swype force closes whenever you reboot because you have traces of the program and installer on the phone. Both times I've put Liberty on the phone I've had issues getting swype to work. Just remove Swype and Swype installer and download the beta from the website.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That will take care of the swype issue, but have you made any progress with the contacts issue? I know how annoying it can be.

CM74D2

Status
Not open for further replies.