[ROM] Liberty 1.0 Coming Soon

Reaction score
All of what you said is good, but I believe the aim of GummyJar (and now Liberty) is to be a blurless ROM that is closer to an AOSP experience on a phone that is shipped with an overlay from Motorola that some of us would prefer not to have.

There are other roms for these Blurred phones which offer you the ability to customize and choose the 'good' portions of Blur that you would prefer to have. Perhaps with the addition of Jrummy and his toolbox, this option will now be available on this rom as well, but only time will tell.

In the meantime, the reason I suggested Liberty as the name for the rom was because I was marketing it as 'Freedom' from Blur, ie. not having any of it (as I was basing the assumption off the GummyJar experience). And yes, some Blur did carry over to GummyJar, but I don't consider the File Manager or the text magnification to be part of the junk section of blur (like the bulk messaging or all those useless widgets).

All above text is opinion and should weighted as such.

Lets also remember these guys make the roms the way THEY think the roms should be for their own satisfaction first. We just reap the rewards of their hobby and talent. There are plenty of roms to choose from to suit the needs of just about everyone. I'm still blown away that I get to install roms and themes in five minutes never really thinking of the hundreds of hours people put into making my phone awesome...for free. My thoughts are try several that suit you then stock with what you like best and enjoy it the way it's made and toss a theme in there if you like. Find your favorite and buy the dev a beer.

+1

Best comment I've seen in a while :)

Agree + 1000000

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jaynyc22

Reaction score
If you need beta testers my x can max out at 1.6Ghz and im also very familiar with coding and I can help out with bugs.

Last edited:

Marius1

Reaction score
Will it have data throttle removed?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
let me just say I have tried every rom on the DX and this ones will crush them all you guys wont be disappointed!!! a little linear tease for it!

x2_4167bc2

ThatOneDude05

Reaction score
Patiently waiting for this new rom of awesomeness

Franky_V

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE the yellow ginger icons in the op. I hope there could be a maroon version or any other color. Was going to teach myself photo shop just to do that lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

RKramden

Reaction score
Any chance we get lock screen gestures like in UD or Cyanogen? Feature I miss the most from my D1. Liked being able to launch my common functions right from the lock screen.

Just D/L widget locker from the market, it offers all that and more.

crypto

Reaction score
curious to see how this turns out.
Would love it to be an AOSP rom but with lots of cool extras :)

Paladin

Reaction score
Any chance we get lock screen gestures like in UD or Cyanogen? Feature I miss the most from my D1. Liked being able to launch my common functions right from the lock screen.

Just D/L widget locker from the market, it offers all that and more.

Funny, I actually tried it today! My X didn't seem to like it on Gummy 2.5. Hung several times and seemed to slow things down. Not as useful as lockscreen gestures, as it takes up no resources and you can have more functions. I was able to launch my most used apps and direct dial or text my frequent contacts. Would be a great feature to see make it to Liberty.

CHP

Reaction score
Black and yellow black and yellow black and yellow black and yellow.

STOKED for this ROM.