ROM issues with Zedge...

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Nismo90tt, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Nismo90tt

Nismo90tt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure exactly where to put this question, so I chose this section. If it needs to be moved, Admins feel free to move it to the correct section (with a redirect if possible so I can find it).

I'm new to ROM installations for the most part. In the last 3 days I have rooted my 2.1 and installed various ROMs just to play around with and see which one I might like. However, in all of them I'm unable to use any of my Zedge downloaded sounds as a "notification ringtone" for my text messages. I go into settings and try to set it, and it pops up with "Android system" or "Zedge", so obviously I choose Zedge and it just says "Android System" but won't let me select "OK" and see my downloaded Zedge ringtones. What am I not doing right?

Also, is there a thread that has pics of most (or all) various ROMs and themes? Also, is it required to download "SetCPU" for me to be able to change that setting, or do I just need to download a kernel and install it over the top of a ROM? (As stated before, I'm sort of new to this, but trying to learn).

Thanks.

2. Paralda

Paralda New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As to the Zedge thing, I have no idea...

If you want to overclock, you need a program like SetCPU or Pete's overclocking script (I recommend SetCPU, because it has a failsafe) in addition to a custom kernal. Otherwise, your droid will still be clocked at 550 mhz (I think, I could be wrong).

Search tags for this page

rom zedge

why wont zedge install on my droid mini

zedge won't install