ROM installation help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by amalthea, Feb 2, 2011.

1. amalthea

amalthea New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I rooted my Droid 2 using Dark Onion's videos/tutorials (http://www.youtube.com/user/kev0475) last night. But I've been trying to install a custom ROM (any ROM) and nothing seems to work. When I do it through the reboot memory (after having put the ROM's zip file in the root of the SD card) I always get a installation aborted error. I installed the Fission ROM manager and tried it that way and nothing happens past downloading the ROM. When I try to install following their directions the system doesn't even hang, it just does nothing. So clearly I am missing something here.

Here are my phone's details:
    System version: Version 2.3.40/A955.Verizon.en.US
    Model Number: DROID2
    Android Version: 2.2
    Baseband version: BP_C_01.09.07P
    Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9-g462500fdbretzm1@il93lnxdroid22 #1

I have the little ninja superuser icon in my apps list. When I try to open it it immediately needs a force close. I downloaded and installed the Droid 2 Bootstrap app from Koush. I restored the phone to factory default at least 3 times now and have made a backup after the last factory wipe.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I will provide any additional information that you need.

2. amalthea

amalthea New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And now I'm thinking that my Droid isn't actually rooted because I can't seem to use or open Titanium Backup. According to the marketplace it says its installed and paid for but I have no option to open it.

Search tags for this page

dark onion root

darkoion root