ROM info

dhaymond

Reaction score
Hey there, just quick question... I'm not new to the droid community; but I am to the customizing part of it and I recently just rooted my Droid X. But how scary or easy is it to understand the; custom ROMing part of it all, with the theming and other fun stuff that goes with the ROOTED?

Shelooga

Reaction score
Hey there, just quick question... I'm not new to the droid community; but I am to the customizing part of it and I recently just rooted my Droid X. But how scary or easy is it to understand the; custom ROMing part of it all, with the theming and other fun stuff that goes with the ROOTED?

id say rooting is the hardest part. as long as you follow the instructions to a t for installing any rom, you should be fine. things youll need: bootstrap recovery, a rom, and 10 minutes

OP
dhaymond

dhaymond

Reaction score
really, that easy huh? thanx. ill get it together.

Shelooga

Reaction score
really, that easy huh? thanx. ill get it together.

yea, its basically downloading bootstrap, downloading a zip file (your choice of ROM), rebooting into recovery, creating a backup, doing a factory reset, and finally installing the zip from your sd card and waiting for it to reboot before its playtime again. then of course you can go as deep as youd like after that, just be careful not to mess with something youre unsure of or havent read about in a few areas. good luck my brother from another mother

OP
dhaymond

dhaymond

Reaction score
after saying all that, kind of did a spin, but confidents is where it starts. thats and fallowinf directions to the T, like you stated. one last thing if you dont mind? any websites you have in mind with the best ROMs and themes to go wit? i see many defferent ones, but really any strong roms thats a people fav. and website hepls?

Shelooga

Reaction score
after saying all that, kind of did a spin, but confidents is where it starts. thats and fallowinf directions to the T, like you stated. one last thing if you dont mind? any websites you have in mind with the best ROMs and themes to go wit? i see many defferent ones, but really any strong roms thats a people fav. and website hepls?

i just did chevys new ssx 1.0. im going to suggest that, STRONGLY. you can find it on this site under droid x forum, droid x roms. there is also rubix blurry and rubix focused, also found under the same section on this forum. apex rom is another but i have not tried that. all are very different experiences, so read about the features and lists of apps included and see what suits you.
we're limited in whats available, especially for themes since the x is not a majority vote here, but hey, we gotta play the hand were dealt.

oh yea, i also suggest donating. it will get us toys to play with faster if everyone could spar e afew bucks to these guys who put time and effort and probably a drop of blood here or there into creating roms/themes

OP
dhaymond

dhaymond

Reaction score
I understand that, LOL... thanx for the suggestions and help; I'll definitely read up on those, and thanx again.

Shelooga

Reaction score
I understand that, LOL... thanx for the suggestions and help; I'll definitely read up on those, and thanx again.

no prob. im not the most educated, but ill help when i can. ill keep a tab on this thread to see if i can help anymore in the future