rom help

aruilios

Reaction score
i've just downloaded GBCoid and using rom sites like doperoms and coolroms and such to download games and i have androzip that seems to unzip the file but when i go to open the file it still wont open and play.

Do i have to be rooted? Or is there a simpler solution?

Thank you

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
I've recently rooted and have been searching for a good non touchwiz rom. Having very little luck. I've read that due to the locked bootloader I can't us my favorite rom (CM) but I don't understand why. I'm coming from a Motorola razr with a locked bootloader and always used cm. Could someone explain to me why this is? And why there is so much conflicting information around the Web about cm and the note 3?

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Hi Phoenixxx, I'm not a technician but I believe that if you've got a Verizon Note 3 you need to use an app called Safestrap. /using that app will allow you to install custom roms and more or less function as a rooted device. My Note 3 is an AT&T version and we don't have that option available, so you're further ahead in the game than I am. There was a similar app called bootstrap a few years ago that I used on my Droid X, and once you grew accustomed to using it, you almost forgot your phone's bootloader wasn't really unlocked.

Take a look at some of the links shown here - https://www.google.com/#q=Verizon+Note+3+bootstrap

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I already have safestrap. I've very use to it thanks to Motorola and verizon. But EVERYTHING I can find online is saying cm 11 will only run on the deved edition Verizon note 3. Also I've noticed that the most recent post I can find on the issue is late January. Without better info I'm slightly nervous to just flash.

KaChow

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I already have safestrap. I've very use to it thanks to Motorola and verizon. But EVERYTHING I can find online is saying cm 11 will only run on the deved edition Verizon note 3. Also I've noticed that the most recent post I can find on the issue is late January. Without better info I'm slightly nervous to just flash.

Don't FLASH it.

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
The Verizon Galaxy Note 3 still has a locked bootloader so it won't be able to run CM11 however if you have the developer edition of the Verizon Galaxy Note 3 you will be delighted to know that @Hashcode has been working on CM11 for your device! .......that's the first thing I read in the link.

pheonixxx1987

Reaction score
Don't I have to use odin for the kitkat leak? Seeing as my computer was destroyed the day after I rooted that may be an issue.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yes sir ...KK Rom can be flashed in recovery but Odin needed for firmware ..

N3 tap