1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Rom help!!!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by ben96, Jul 3, 2011.

1. ben96

ben96 New Member

I downloaded the clockwork rom manager.I have a droid 2 and just got rooted.Do I have to also have droid 2 bootstrapper,or can I just use clockwork to load a custom rom on?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  2. m1ghtysauc3

m1ghtysauc3 New Member

You have to have bootstrapper to get into clockwork recovery because of the locked bootloader.

Edit: apparently you CAN use rom manager to boot into recovery because I just did it. My bad. I never use rom manager so I didn't know.

Sent from my Droid 2 running Cyanogenmod7!
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  3. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Now I am very new to my rooted D2 so I may be wrong but I still believe you will need bootstrap at some point unless you are running cm7. It was set up to work directly with rom manager and does not require bootstrap. In fact I am pretty sure I have read that if you use bootstrap with cm7 you will have to sbf to recover and start all over again.

I am running liberty (non gb) and I just tried using rom manager to boot into recovery and it sent me to stock recovery and not clockwork. When I went back into rom and used bootstrap I went into clockwork.
  4. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

Exactly. Sometimes rom manager will boot you in to clockworkmod recovery but unless you are on cm7 you have to have flashed it at least once with the bootsrapper.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  5. pc747

pc747 Administrator Staff Member

Rom manager is only good for naming your backup. Personally I don't use rom manager for nandroid backups or loading roms its too inconsistent. As far as rebootin into recovery. If you hit reboot into recovery, just do a battery pull as soon as it get to the droid eye.

sent from droidforums app
  6. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

+1

This thread has been Thunder struck!!
  7. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

+2 Actually

Today was the first day I have had rom manager on my phone in forever. Only installed it to see if it would boot me directly into clockwork for the sake of this thread :)
  8. ben96

ben96 New Member

Yay I figured everything out.I now am running the liberty rom it'll take a while to adapt without the motoblur account settings and all that stuff though lol

Sent from my DROID2 Running Liberty