Rom help

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by lerit50, Apr 30, 2011.

1. lerit50

lerit50 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so this is my second day with my D2G and I love it. Battery life is subpar but oh well. I've decided I want to flash some Roms now, and seen a lot of discussion.

Would most of you recommend fission as the rom of choice? I want everything to run without any bugs.. are there any major bugs on fission? Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought I read on the forums here that there is a camera bug? Which is something I wouldn't be able to deal with and would ultimately be a deal breaker for that rom. So let me know...

Also how great of a battery life are you all seeing being on a custom rom opposed to stock. I don't plan on overclocking because 1.2 ghz is just fine for me. So give me your two cents on that too please.

Lay it on me ;)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

2. FillTheVoid

FillTheVoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I run liberty ROM and my battery life is superb. I use setcpu 300 mhz screen off and that's it.

Liberated Droid 2 Epic Blue

3. lerit50

lerit50 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    But do you have a global d2? In your line for the droidforums app it just says droid 2.

I don't wanna run liberty on my phone because, like I said, there are bugs to that as well.

4. FillTheVoid

FillTheVoid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No I just have the D2 however the D2g rom porter should work fine. I have no problems with bugs. I think any bugs caused by the ROM porter are easily fixable i.e flashing a new keyboard etc. Keep researching. Also if you like blur, I used Apex for a while and it was great.

Liberated Droid 2 Epic Blue

5. lerit50

lerit50 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well the bug for the romer has been that all of the sensors don't work, and that isn't something I wanna deal with.

6. chrisl20

chrisl20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fission works fine...no dev support, but, everything works good for me...camera included...and if the standard camera that comes w fission doesn't work, there is a blur camera available in fission rom manager....just be sure to make a backup w bootstrap, and have rsdlite and d2g sbf rdy w the correct drivers just in case something goes wrong...my opinion of overclocking the droid 2 global is, that its worthless...no o/c apps take into account our extra cpu slot and special o/c module. So I've only had troubles overclocking my device...and w fission having very limited bloat, 1.2ghz is more than fast enough...and battery life has increased significantly using fission...im flashing liberty and the rommer tonight if im off work early enough, just because I miss my liberated d2...alot...hope this helps...but it probly raises many more questions...my advice...read read read read read aaaaa lot...and pm me if u need further assistance

7. lerit50

lerit50 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply.. you've convinced me to flash it. And I don't have a lot of questions cause I was pretty experienced with my OF droid before this.

8. Xplorer4x4

Xplorer4x4 Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    @FillTheVoid, The current version of apex does not work with the romer tool.
    @lerit50, can I ask why? The sensor issue is very trivial to me personally. I say dont knock it till you tried it. ;)

I cant say exactly how Milestone works in terms of the extra cpu slot, but for me it bumps up to 1.3Ghz, but cant say I see much difference. Our copu is what 1.0, 1.2Ghz out of the box? So not to surprising imo the 1 tenth of a percent boost doesnt make much difference. What i didnt notice is an increase in heat enough it worried me a little bit.

9. draexo

draexo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Fission is a dead rom. Personally, I think Get R Done or Fenon are the way to go. Rumors abound that Moto is going to unlock the bootloader "if the carrier chooses". It would certainly help. For now I am sticking with stock and learning.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

10. lerit50

lerit50 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I'm going to have to try it now. I just wanted my phone to work perfectly. But you're right I guess. I've heard nothing but good things about Liberty otherwise.

11. kickyindahead

kickyindahead Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been running Fenoms rom since he posted the beta and i have to say its just as good if not the same as fission .. i was even able to flash themes from fission onto his rom .. but in the end went back to just how his rom came . Its been very stable minus the loss of 3g i got at like 2am but i think that was more on my end than on the roms itself .. my advice... yes fission is stable .. but no dev support .. fenom if you want all the goodies that come with stock ie sensors and crap like that go with him .. but if the sensors dont bother you .. go liberty plus the grd rommer v7 which gives you soft key and keyboard lights .. also very stable combination...

12. lerit50

lerit50 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed liberty with the rommer and I had problems. First, I had no data signal. Second, the backlight for the soft-touch keys wouldn't turn off. I just flashed my backup I made in clockwork recovery. Liberty didn't appeal to me that much. How does fission compare to liberty?