rom hackers and official repository

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Sarreq Teryx, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Sarreq Teryx

Sarreq Teryx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, maybe this is a dumb question, but considering all the contributions our beloved hackers make to the core os, are any of them submitted to the official android source repository, or does google allow outside developers to contribute? I just think the better hacks are going to waste if they don't end up in an official build eventually.

2. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I never checked into it, but I don't think the mods here are ever submitted to google.

Most of the ROM mods we have are just 2.0.1 with applications added from the 2.1 update.

Modifications like increased CPU speed would never be allowed for an official update, so forget that. When you think about it, most of the modded stuff we use are just features taken from the 2.1 update or stuff that google or the cellphone carriers would not like or allow.

3. caboyzcoti

caboyzcoti Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont think thats a dumb question at all, it seems like if they were smart they would accept contributions considering it would raise the appeal of the os...good question.......

4. SwordOfWar

SwordOfWar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is a good question. Google does allow for contributions/suggested code. But not all submitted changes would get accepted. It would have to be legal and reasonable for both the phone manufactures, google and the carriers the phones are used on.

Search tags for this page

droid x2 respository

is there a droid razr rom depository?

motorola repository roms

razr rom repository
repository rom android

rom repository

rom repository for droid x2
where to get the rom repository url