[ROM] GummyJAR - Stripped down and geared towards SPEED!!!! - release 1.0 - 12/08

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I had this ROM installed for about a half hour yesterday and would like to give it another shot. The problem I had is that all my market apps wouldn't load or even show in the downloads page - just some,but not all, of my paid apps. I have a really slick configuration of Launcher Pro and Smart shortcuts to quickly access any app, contact, or bookmark I'm likely to use. Does anyone know of a way to trick the Market into loading all my apps like it does after most ROM changes? Also, would it be possible for to install the blur alarm clock on this or are they incompatible?

Sent from my DROID2

Market apps should restore...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Marius1

Reaction score
Clear data/cache on market app

Jester822

Reaction score
Clear data/cache on market app

Thanks, guys. I wiped data from clockwork per instructions (system?) and had checked to make sure the auto reload option was set for the market. How do I clear the market data/cache? Just occured to me too. I mounted system in CW because that seems the thing usually to do, but it wasn't in the instructions.

Sent from my DROID2

Marius1

Reaction score
Settings, applications, manage applications, and then find market. Hope this helps.

tatuud

Reaction score
Im sorry to keep harping on this but its not just the rom...its the internet, downloads and set up screens that are just blazing. Its like going from dial-up to dsl. Every aspect of the phone has sped up...unbelievable. ok I think im finally done...anyone reading this thread needs to realize how fast this rom really is.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Hi Tatuud,

Any hard data on that? I realize that speeds can be affected by smoothness of transitions, animations, etc., and that it can be a functional or qualitative experience of the ROM- but it would be interesting to know how it compares in terms of some benchmarks with similiar stock clock or overclock/underclock at equal voltages with say, GummyJar and TranQ setup on the same phone for comparison, that way we'd know where the perceived speed was coming from- I hope that makes some sense ;-)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a naysayer, just looking for the things that make a phone functional and fasssst dancedroid

Cheers!

Steven.RN

i'm sorry to say but i don't use any type of hard numbers like quadrant scores or anything of that kind. i am going by my personal experience with each rom i have used and i have used them all. this rom just makes my phone scream in every aspect. i have not experienced this kind of speed with any rom i have used. i think the title says it all...STRIPPED DOWN AND GEARED FOR SPEED. i don't know how or what he did as i'm not a devoloper/programmer but my phone has never been faster, smoother or more responsive.
another big plus for me is that everything works, no force closes, he even tweaked the GB keyboard, which has made it's way to Apex, credit given to Kejar for that.

so Steven, good question but i just go off how my phone responds to the rom im using and i can tell you i don't think i will be using any other rom. if your looking for a pretty darn blurless rom that is fast, responsive and stable you've come to the right thread. i would say make a backup and give this rom a try and see for yourself. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

MrKleen

Reaction score
Im sorry to keep harping on this but its not just the rom...its the internet, downloads and set up screens that are just blazing. Its like going from dial-up to dsl. Every aspect of the phone has sped up...unbelievable. ok I think im finally done...anyone reading this thread needs to realize how fast this rom really is.

Hi Tatuud,

Any hard data on that? I realize that speeds can be affected by smoothness of transitions, animations, etc., and that it can be a functional or qualitative experience of the ROM- but it would be interesting to know how it compares in terms of some benchmarks with similiar stock clock or overclock/underclock at equal voltages with say, GummyJar and TranQ setup on the same phone for comparison, that way we'd know where the perceived speed was coming from- I hope that makes some sense ;-)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a naysayer, just looking for the things that make a phone functional and fasssst dancedroid

Cheers!

Steven.RN

Hard data comparing Gummyjar and Tranquility is easy!

Gummyjar actually works ... that makes it the clear winner!

Tranquility jacks up your phone from the get go. Rapid rebooting galore.

crabbypants

Reaction score
Is there any way to get the circular battery mod for this rom?

Dustin.

Reaction score
Is there any way to get the circular battery mod for this rom?

If you can find the circular batter theme you should be able to just install it with Clockwork Recovery, although I'm not 100% sure that there is a theme out there. But I bet if you did some digging you would should be good to go.

NoBlur

Reaction score
Facebook

This may have been mentioned earlier, I haven't read the whole thread. Having run the new Gummy Jar for a few days now, I have found countless things I love about it and one flaw: there is no Facebook syncing for my contacts. Maybe I'm missing something, but if not is there a way this could be integrated in an update, or is there a good third party way to do it? And I've already tried syncmypix, it's ok but has some issues and won't sync all my contacts.

sully112277

Reaction score
Anybody having issues getting to "my downloads" through the market? I keep getting a server error. Any way to fix without taking out the updated market?

MrKleen

Reaction score
This may have been mentioned earlier, I haven't read the whole thread. Having run the new Gummy Jar for a few days now, I have found countless things I love about it and one flaw: there is no Facebook syncing for my contacts. Maybe I'm missing something, but if not is there a way this could be integrated in an update, or is there a good third party way to do it? And I've already tried syncmypix, it's ok but has some issues and won't sync all my contacts.

No Facebook syncing of contacts is a benefit for many of us. Syncing of contacts was one thing I hated. That's why there are so many different Roms... everybody likes different things.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

To sync your Facebook contacts all you need to do is download the facebook app and upon logging in the first time it will ask you to sync the contacts.

mugsy77

Reaction score
You can also change option in facebook to enable and disable contact sync.