[ROM] GummyJAR 2.0 Droid done Right - 12/21

grayzweb

Reaction score
Awesome rom! Seems so fast with excellent battery. Is overclocking built in? I don't even feel a need to overclock the cpu. Really runs fast :)

2.1 - 1.9 As with GPS, there is no option for GPS assist, like in the froyo blur. Although it locks on pretty quick. Im thinking it IS using assisted GPS.

Loving this rom!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Awesome rom! Seems so fast with excellent battery. Is overclocking built in? I don't even feel a need to overclock the cpu. Really runs fast :)

2.1 - 1.9 As with GPS, there is no option for GPS assist, like in the froyo blur. Although it locks on pretty quick. Im thinking it IS using assisted GPS.

Loving this rom!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Nope no overclocking built in... jrummy's app work well though and that is what I would recommend if you are looking to overclock!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
GPS works for me. Just loaded 2.0 (from 1.9.1) without doing data wipe. Went right into Lattitude and it locked on perfectly.

Did you disable wifi as a location source in "locations and security"? Are you getting the GPS icon in your status bar?

GPS icon does not show up either way, with or without wi-fi location source.

My settings are set use both WiFi and GPS. However, I almost never have WiFi on ...
I *DO* get the GPS icon in my notification bar.

SnyderMan32x33

Reaction score
I went from 2.3.340 OTA to GummJar 1.9 to 1.9.1 to 2.1 and my GPS doesn't work.

I wiped cache, data, dalvik, and battery stats before installing 2.1.

Should I have installed 2.0 before installing 2.1?

--absolutely amazing rom btw--

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You need to wipe before you install GummyJAR 2.1 if you installed 2.1 over 1.9 without wiping you may have gps issues

humungus

Reaction score
GPS issue fixed. No other obvious bugs so far.

It's a shame that you fixed the pattern lock and the lockbars at the same time. Since I can finally use the pattern lock again I don't get to enjoy the lag-free lockbars.

Good work, man.

SnyderMan32x33

Reaction score
You need to wipe before you install GummyJAR 2.1 if you installed 2.1 over 1.9 without wiping you may have gps issues

I thought that's what I did but I tried again...

Reboot into recovery
format system
format data
format cache
wipe dalvik
wipe battery stats
install from sd

and...

I was getting the same results as before but I discovered that GPS had actually been working (used My Tracks to verify) but Navigation still didn't work. It was getting stuck on "Checking navigation availability" and never actually could get past that dialogue box. I googled around a bit and found something that worked. I opened up Google Maps and cleared the cache and then rebooted the phone and then opened up Google Maps again and agreed to all the info and then tried Navigation and it worked immediately.

:icon_ banana:dancedroid

mattg1

Reaction score
Just got my X not long ago (came from droid) and I must say this is a very good rom, second one I have tried. So far I am very pleased great job!

darkreaper476

Reaction score
OK I feel like a noob though I've been rooting since D1 XD .. .. So how do I get 2.3.340 from 2.3.15/ froyo 2.2 not 2.2.1.... I've been running Rubix but I want to try something new. Also does HDMI work on this rom? THANKS!!!!

SnyderMan32x33

Reaction score
OK I feel like a noob though I've been rooting since D1 XD .. .. So how do I get 2.3.340 from 2.3.15/ froyo 2.2 not 2.2.1.... I've been running Rubix but I want to try something new. Also does HDMI work on this rom? THANKS!!!!

I was on 2.3.15 with Rubix 1.9 so I SBF'd back to 2.2 and updated over the air to 2.3.340, rooted using z4 and then installed gummyjar by following the instructions. Everything is working great.

I haven't tested HDMI but I would like to know if it works as well...

DarkSaint

Reaction score
thanks for the great roms and the constant updates its insane :)

since there are so many updates i have been wiping the data and restoring apps with titanium but i was wondering if i restored back all user apps and system info if i would be running into any issues because the rom tweaks the system with every update?

i also have a request for the dialer to display the number pad in land scape mode

if your hesitant about using this rom don't be most stable one out there and has improved my phones performance a lot:greendroid:

darkreaper476

Reaction score
AWESOME thanks SnyderMan32x33 is there a link for a how to SBF, I'm so used to the old school D1 cracked bootloader :)

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
thanks for the great roms and the constant updates its insane :)

since there are so many updates i have been wiping the data and restoring apps with titanium but i was wondering if i restored back all user apps and system info if i would be running into any issues because the rom tweaks the system with every update?

i also have a request for the dialer to display the number pad in land scape mode

if your hesitant about using this rom don't be most stable one out there and has improved my phones performance a lot:greendroid:

You know you can get to the dial pad in landscape mode by simply selecting the dialer input