[ROM] GummyJAR 2.0 Droid done Right - 12/21

quangtran1

Reaction score
Gps

I've confirmed that GPS is not working for me. Turning off wifi as a location (in settings/location) results in no ability to locate in maps. Also, when GPS is on I never get a GPS icon in the status bar indicating that it's running.

GPS works for me. Just loaded 2.0 (from 1.9.1) without doing data wipe. Went right into Lattitude and it locked on perfectly.

Did you disable wifi as a location source in "locations and security"? Are you getting the GPS icon in your status bar?

GPS icon does not show up either way, with or without wi-fi location source.

N1nj4Dr01d_X

Reaction score
I just recently rooted my phone(yesterday) and have read the instructions for this pretty well. I just have some questions on the download and required add-ons.

I'm running "Version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US"

Android version - 2.2.1

Kernel Version - "2.6.32.9-g55626e1
w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1"

I have the Droid x bootstrapper by clockworkmod, ROM Manager by clockworkmod, Titanium Backup(free version) and astro file manager.

Do i have to download the 1.9 version before i install the 2.0, or can i just do a straight 2.0 load?

What is the mirror?

For my swype to work i will need your add-on correct?

Will i need an overclocking app?

I'm sorry to bother you with these dumb questions. I just want to make sure i have all the stuff i need before starting this process.

humungus

Reaction score
GPS works for me. Just loaded 2.0 (from 1.9.1) without doing data wipe. Went right into Lattitude and it locked on perfectly.

Did you disable wifi as a location source in "locations and security"? Are you getting the GPS icon in your status bar?

GPS icon does not show up either way, with or without wi-fi location source.

That's how it is with me too, but Zaphod reports GPS works. It might be because he just popped open maps or something and saw that it located him. Of course, it'll locate using wifi even if GPS doesn't work. Looking at the XDA thread, others have reported this issue and Kejar has verified it too. He says he'll look into it today.

humungus

Reaction score
I just recently rooted my phone(yesterday) and have read the instructions for this pretty well. I just have some questions on the download and required add-ons.

I'm running "Version.2.3.340.MB810.Verizon.en.US"

Android version - 2.2.1

Kernel Version - "2.6.32.9-g55626e1
w30471@il93lnxdroid08 #1"

I have the Droid x bootstrapper by clockworkmod, ROM Manager by clockworkmod, Titanium Backup(free version) and astro file manager.

Do i have to download the 1.9 version before i install the 2.0, or can i just do a straight 2.0 load?

What is the mirror?

For my swype to work i will need your add-on correct?

Will i need an overclocking app?

I'm sorry to bother you with these dumb questions. I just want to make sure i have all the stuff i need before starting this process.

You don't need 1.9, just grab 2.0 and you're good (assuming GPS isn't an absolute necessity during the time it take kejar to sort out the bug).

The mirror referenced is just an alternate site hosting the same file (they both have the same content, thus one is a mirror of the other).

Swype is not installed on this rom, so you'll need to use the addon (or better yet, sign up for the beta while it's open and get the new version).

PSA: Anyone hoping to use the beta Swype will have to delete libswypecore.so from /system/lib before installing. Otherwise the installation will break.

You will need an overclocking app if you want to overclock (or better yet, undervolt). JRummy's app is ~$1 and both it and he are kickass. It's also got lots of presets so you don't have to be an expert to use it. It's highly recommended.

Good luck.

humungus

Reaction score
are there any specific settings i should have prior to installing the ROM?

It looks like you've got all the prereqs, so you should be good. Here're my instructions for an optimal install:

1. Charge phone to 100%
2. Boot into recovery
3. MAKE A BACKUP
4. Wipe Cache
5. Wipe Data
6. Wipe Dalvik Cache (in "advanced")
7. Wipe Battery Stats (in "advanced")
8. Install zip from sdcard
9. Choose zip from sdcard
10. Select Gummy

If you're new to roms, don't worry. The backup you made will save your ass in 95% of cases. If you don't like Gummy just boot back into recovery and restore it. There is always a chance something bad will happen and you'll be stuck at the bootloader (the M) or bootloop (boot animation will repeat endlessly). In these cases, you can always flash an .sbf to put your phone back to a stock image (how new phones come out of the box). It's a bit of a pain because you have to reroot, install the bootstrap app, and then restore one of your known good backups, but I just stash a copy of z4root and the bootstrap app on my sdcard so it doesn't take much time.

Good luck.

OP
K

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
GPS issue resolved expect an update soon... Sorry but if you are having issue you with GPS you will need to do a wipe/install

trillonometry

Reaction score
If you can manage the music control on the pattern lock screen you're my hero.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

N1nj4Dr01d_X

Reaction score
downloaded swype and gjar 2.0, now i cant find them. searched phone with astro file manager and no results came up. what did i do wrong?

SCDroid

Reaction score
downloaded swype and gjar 2.0, now i cant find them. searched phone with astro file manager and no results came up. what did i do wrong?

it's easier if you download them onto your computer and then place them on your sdcard. but that's just my opinion. IF you downloaded straight from your phone its probably in download folder.

humungus

Reaction score
Hey man, I'm still getting weirdness with the hardkey lights. Yeah, they don't come on at first boot, but they also randomly stop working, only to later start working again. I also noticed that when zipalign_apks is set to run at boot, the system won't fully boot up after the hardkey light issue pops up. It'll say "system had an error" or something and ask to force close or wait, though I can reboot using the power button menu. It seems like something is getting hosed and its needing to zipalign again and breaking the boot. Anyway, would a logcat be helpful?

X'd