rom gingerbread

joa1450

Reaction score
hello my query as to put the gingerbread 2.3.6 rom on droid XT894, XT894 have the 98.72.18 version, but apparently you can not go back to a previous rom so I do not leave any of rom flash. there any way to put these rom in this dispositivo.Use the rds lite but it gives me error, of course thank you very much

ws6formula350

Reaction score
hello my query as to put the gingerbread 2.3.6 rom on droid XT894, XT894 have the 98.72.18 version, but apparently you can not go back to a previous rom so I do not leave any of rom flash. there any way to put these rom in this dispositivo.Use the rds lite but it gives me error, of course thank you very much

You can't downgrade kernels--you can only move forward. So, no, there is no way to go back to Gingerbread.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

OP
J

joa1450

Reaction score
I do not like the Jelly Bean, flashee many times but all the phone version 4.1.2, 4.0.1. Try to find gingerbread but did not work nor rds lite or safetrap. I had a xperia pro with gingerbread and I turned out very good. So I wanted to maintain the same operating system but droid 4. Was to look like this and I guess you must have all the necessary software to operate all features of this phone. Besides one of the reasons is the compact keyboard that brought gingerbread, jelly bean or at least all versions Masserati down, bring compact keyboard and I find it difficult to write in este.No might believe that you can not go back to a basic system kernel , and then climb to the mismo.saludos

ws6formula350

Reaction score
I do not like the Jelly Bean, flashee many times but all the phone version 4.1.2, 4.0.1. Try to find gingerbread but did not work nor rds lite or safetrap. I had a xperia pro with gingerbread and I turned out very good. So I wanted to maintain the same operating system but droid 4. Was to look like this and I guess you must have all the necessary software to operate all features of this phone. Besides one of the reasons is the compact keyboard that brought gingerbread, jelly bean or at least all versions Masserati down, bring compact keyboard and I find it difficult to write in este.No might believe that you can not go back to a basic system kernel , and then climb to the mismo.saludos

Due to the locked bootloader, there is no way for you to go back to Gingerbread. Even if you flashed a GB based ROM in a Safestrap slot, it will bootloop because your phone is still running on the Jellybean kernel. I'm afraid you're stuck with Jellybean.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
sabes como se desbloquea el bootloader

If you reboot into the bootloader, you'll se the phone itself tells you its locked. Basically its the layer of software closest to the phones hardware that boots/loads the kernel, allowing the hardware of your device to interact with the Android OS.. since its 'locked' , it only accepts signed packages from Motorola using the correct encryption key to flash the device. Without Motorola providing you the key to unlock your device, you're stuck using their signed packages--which means no downgrade.

OP
J

joa1450

Reaction score
Friend. Was not as put the command line in Windows 7.baje the SDK package and I have the latest drivers, but I stuck it there. Dont understand what opening line comando.se means but not how to do it in Windows 7 regards