[ROM] gingerbread update.zip w/ gapps

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by jeffv2, Dec 28, 2010.

1. daware

daware Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are there any changes or differences since your last build?

#2425 daware, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. generalmills

generalmills New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another update using the 1/27 build:
    If connected to 3G and say I go into a building with no service and the leave and go back outside, 3G does not return without an airplane mode toggle. Same thing happens if connected to wifi and the wifi signal strength decreases and wifi connection is lost.

Milestone overclock app from a few posts back works great. Thanks.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Good job. It does work to some extent. My test videos seem kinda choppy (not smooth) but it does work. I cannot get the videos to show in gallery properly, and they are recorded in .mov format. Looks like some limited functionality with the free version, but I can see and play them with Rock Player.

Thanks again,

Craig

4. andjarnic

andjarnic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all,

Been trying to read some of the 240+ pages of threads. I still can't seem to make out whether or not there is an actual functioning 2.3 for the original moto droid or not yet. All the google searches turn up a rom from back in mid to late December. I would imagine that there is a much better rom now. From the last few pages it sounds like there are still some problems with it though... so.. what is the state of the latest rom... everything works (market, maps, email, 3G, wifi, camera/video, etc)? Or should I wait a little longer? I am guessing that an official 2.3 either will never see the light of day, or still be months away... which I still don't quite understand why this is for the original droid which was supposed to be a pure android device.

I rooted to 2.2 a while ago, but since have gone back to the original and have the 2.2.1 as of now. I recall it not being too difficult, but like the search for rom info, there seems to be various ways to root with varying complexity. Is there any one specific way that most of you have found to be the best from all the flavors out there?

Lastly, is there an update site that I can keep checking for update info on roms, root process, etc?

Thank you.

5. elucid

elucid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The ROM in this thread is the most complete for the D1. Everything works except the camcorder. Aside from that, It is still bleeding edge, meaning some random reboots or lockups every few days are so are to be expected. That being said I find it plenty stable enough for my daily driver. But if you want to load a ROM and forget about it, this probably isn't for you.

6. Explosivpotato

Ratings:
    +0
    When he says random reboots and lockups every few days, take note of the fact that some of us see them every few hours...

7. generalmills

generalmills New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Or never at all...

8. shazam_it

shazam_it Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You might benifit from the compcache fix in the cm7 build thread. Worked for me. Wonderfully I might add. I stream pandora basically all day on top of texting. Id get a reboot every 45 to an hour. But now I got that fix and running compcache at 28% and haven't seen one yet! :biggrin:

But yeah. Page 69 in that thread. Then just find primes kernel, which I believe is acouple pages back.

Goodluck

9. Godric

Godric Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a feeling I get random reboots only because my phone is running low on memory and not because of this rom. I've noticed in my task manager that its a little lower than using previous roms. Just a thought...

10. shazam_it

shazam_it Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's the thread where the kernel is http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cy...functiong-stock-cm6-1-compcache-menu-tut.html

Then here's the post from prime himself with the instructions on how to get compcache working with his kernel. Its post #681, which is the very first. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod/118531-cm7-build-thread-69.html

11. LiqwidZero

LiqwidZero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm LOVING this new update, Jeff. I can definitely use this day-to-day now. Keep up the good work!

#2435 LiqwidZero, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  12. andjarnic

andjarnic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info guys. I am going to take a chance here and assume that the rom is still being worked on (and whoever is doing that, a big thank you for taking your time doing that!)... so that this potential issue with a supposed fix (compcache?) might become a new rom fairly soon? I am not in a mad rush. If anything I was hoping to see the native audio working on my droid, so primarily wanted to update for that. I have read all the 2.3 goodies, and other than the updated native stuff, I don't know if there is a whole lot more that is that much better than 2.2?

Does 2.3 bring a new UI in this rom? Or is that only in the stock 2.3 that we may never see on our droid 1s? I think the bionic had some new version of motoblur, it looked nice to me, although I've read a bunch of posts that don't care for it.

Search tags for this page
download ziip gapps 236
flashdroid3 rom update zip
gapps 234
gapps 236

gapps gingerbread

gapps-234
gapps234
gapps236
gingerbread rom updates
sholes 1001 rom