[ROM] gingerbread update.zip w/ gapps

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by jeffv2, Dec 28, 2010.

1. tekchip

tekchip New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Stock Launcher

I just dropped this rom on my phone. Great rom! Everything but the video recording on the camera app is working. When I switch it to video I can see live video in the view finder and when I hit record the last image freezes in place, it puts up the recording time and then when you try to stop it it either locks up(soft, home & back still work) or it FC's.

The other thing I noticed is that, at least the version of the rom I downloaded today, doesnt have the stock launcher at all. Is that intentional for some reason or did I just miss it in my reading of the thread? I confess I skipped a few pages between 15 and page 2XX of this thread. Is there a place to get the stock Launcher APK? I've done some searches and the best I found was a mediafire link named com.moo.android.launcher.gingerbread-1.apk. I haven't installed it because com.moo doesnt seem to match the format that most stock android components follow so I have doubts that it's legit.

This isn't a deal breaker for me but I'm just not a fan of ADW, or Launcher Pro.

2. jeffv2

jeffv2 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Stock gingerbread launcher can be found on the market. Just search gingerbread

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. tekchip

tekchip New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Getting warmer. Searching Gingerbread did find me some better options, but there are 3 or 4, Steven Lin, MoDaCo, Eugene373. All these appear to be modified in some way. None of them are truly vanilla. Does such a thing exist?

4. redoregon

redoregon Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Gotcha, that's why I'm volunteering, if you wanna try to chase it down.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

5. bmking24

bmking24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome Work Jeff!!!

Hey Jeff, Great work man!!! I have been basically lurking on the thread since day one but haven't commented on anything. I have flashed a few of the nightlies to see how things were coming along but I have to admit the one from yesterday awesome!!! The ONLY problem I have encountered in 14 hours running your rom is that the video camera does not work. I know you are aware of this I'm just saying for anyone else that reads this. Great job and thanks for the hard work, I have found my new daily driver even without the video camera!!!

Also does anyone have an apk for the full cyanogenmod settings? I want to play around with it with gingerbread but i think i noticed the settings were incomplete...i could be wrong, thanks

6. jeffv2

jeffv2 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    not everything has been ported over from cm6, that'll take a long time to merge everything especially since most of the maintainers are hard at work getting gingerbread to run properly

7. jeffv2

jeffv2 Developer
    Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    i got my camcorder to *not* work by a data wipe. im checking into it and im trying to figure out why my camcorder works

8. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been using your latest nightly build since about midnight last night and all the major things seem to work fine.

Heres a few small issues I noticed: lockscreen widget doesnt work properly (it seems to only enable and disable the lockscreen whenever it feels like it, not when you press it), slacker kept losing connectivity (probably because of the data hack) and other things i cant remember ATM. My camcorder works to the point that it tries to record stuff (the counter increases) but the image on the screen stays still, when you end it the video cant be played. Another thing I remembered is that pictures can be taken but when you click on the thumbnail of it in the upper right hand corner it doesnt do anything.

9. betolley

betolley Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No camcorder either

10. rweddy1

rweddy1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else having issue with gapps?
    I am restoring to froyo, wipe, then installing ROM, works great.
    Then reboot recover - install gapps - reboot - get into welcome screen but cannot select droid icon. I have tired to reboot couple of times, nothing. Then when I bypass welcome screen Market force closes. ???? Any ideas

11. lssanjose

lssanjose Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try manually logging into your google account through the accounts/sync underneath settings. It's almost fail-safe that way.

12. Shachren

Shachren Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For those with camera issues, i installed jeff's rom directly over CM7 Build 14 without wiping data, only wiping cache, and cameras both work fine. Just a tidbit of info.

Search tags for this page
download ziip gapps 236
flashdroid3 rom update zip
gapps 234
gapps 236

gapps gingerbread

gapps-234
gapps234
gapps236
gingerbread rom updates
sholes 1001 rom