davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Anybody have an idea about the skewed video playback I mentioned a few posts back?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

i just made a video and played back using stock movie player, i dont see what you mean. . . . . . . . . . ?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I tried it with the rz lgb kernal that wasn't playing nice with setcpu. Ill try a dif kernal and see what happens.
Edit: kernel change did the trick.

Ozzie

Reaction score
Nice...you found a kernel that plays nice? Mind sharing with us which one?

Ozzie

Reaction score
The post previous to my last one...it sounded like he made a kernel change that worked...I was just curious what he found.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
To refresh. Rzs lgb kernal would not let me change frequency in setcpu and was also skewing video playback. The kernal currently working/playing nice is chevys newest kernals made for his ss5.0 gb rom. They work great with this rom. I prefer this rom over ss because it is NOT cm based.

Ozzie

Reaction score
There you go...thank you. Haven't tried those yet as I've been using some different ones.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
oh Ozzie, did that AZ sun fry your brain? :)

chevys GB kernels are really nice compcache works and the are super stable like you would expect from chevy. my phone just runs hot on his kernels and slayhers for that matter. i started usong RZKernels and they are solid and cool. but as we all know every phone is different

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to say I'm impressed with RZ right now, recovery, and I decided to bump up to the 900 from the 800 on my OG, I suppose Pete's right - GB is a bit more CPU intensive, hence we'll have to adjust upwards slightly.

I'd been running sapphire on 800 with awesome results and so far today with the 900 installed I like the results, and it is staying cool as well. I'm not using setCPU on it right now, but it's available ...

Also kidos davros, I like your choice for the USB droid green / red icons, very nice!

Ozzie

Reaction score
I understand this is more of a solid base rom rather than chock full of goodies...is there any way to get a cyan theme going?
I'm trying not to ask too much as I know your plate is full, just wondering if any theme or color changes might be in the works for this.

Last edited:
OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Ozzman I have something in the works you will like better than lame old cyan, just collecting pngs and stuff now. It prolly wont surface till I get my own GB build to work correctly either btw.

Ozzie

Reaction score
Cool beans...I should've known you were headed that way.
Good luck with your build...let me know if you need any guinea pigs...