[ROM] ESE81 From Source

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by adrynalyne, Apr 11, 2010.

1. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Howdy folks,

I am giving you guys a clean slate ESE81, compiled from source. It has not yet been themed, or tweaked aside from disabling call delay, and increasing wifi scan interval for battery life. The system, modules, and kernel were all compiled by me.

The kernel clocks up to 1ghz, but defaults at 600mhz. This kernel has wifi tether (must download apk) and tun support, as well as enables the conservative governor. The voltages remain at stock levels.

The build is from 4/8, is rooted, has superuser access, along with busybox, and sysro/sysrw scripts for easy mounting of /system. Fix_permissions is also included, credit to Cyanogen. If/when you have force close problems, its a good idea to run this from adb or a terminal emulator. Launcher2 is also included, but not every Launcher2 out there will work. Nexusmod still does not work. The latest HelixLauncher2 beta does.

Google apps have already been included, as well as Spare Parts. Metamorph is not included, obviously, but works with no additional tweaking required. Keep in mind that you should treat this like Cyanogenmod when theming, and be very careful. I'm not a themer, but I am aware there are differences in how source, and Moto roms are themed.

This rom is not meant to be competitive with the other devs, or steal any glory ;) This was more of an experiment to see if I could do it. I am offering it as a good starting point for tweaking/ theming etc. If you release a rom using this as base, just toss in my name somehwere in there :D No trimming has been done, so all of the stock apps are there, except Visual Voice Mail. Another member and I are working on our own version, using this as a base.

Known issues: When updating your prl, or programming phone, slide out the keyboard to use the numbers on it, as the soft keypad will not show.

koush, for answering my lame questions and his awesome vendor overlay.
    natediddy, for answering my even lamer questions.
    chevyno1, for his kernel help over the past few weeks.
    bgill55, for help with testing, theming, and patience to try my lame crap.
    the blackdroid for his help in fixing an annoying bug.
    cyanogen, for all his work in andoid community.
    sniffle, for his guide that helped me get started.

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download chaos_r1.zip
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  2. bL33d

bL33d Member

thanks alot for this !!!! :icon_ banana:
  3. dbu

dbu New Member

Gladto hear you are taking a whack at it Adryn! I ran nothing buy your ROMs on my Omnia, I knew it was only going to be a matter of time.
  4. eclsnowman

eclsnowman New Member

Yeah, a new rom to try.

And from one of my favorite i910 chef's to boot. And from source no less. Can't wait to get it loaded. Keep up the good work Adryn.
  5. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

You might want to wait until Bgill55 and I finish our debut project. The above rom works great, but is no frills. More of a good starting point, than anything else.
  6. sniffle

sniffle Premium Member Premium Member Developer

your welcome :)