[ROM][ED01][5/25/11] Evil Fascination v3.6.0

zimsport

Reaction score
That seemed to do the trick. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

prenedo

Reaction score
Has anyone flashed the stock Samsung mms zip in OP? I'm wondering why my new texts aren't showing up on my puzzle unlock screen....

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
That seemed to do the trick. Thanks

Find the pb&j forum and try the 50uv if your on voodoo make sure you download the voodoo, if on nonvoodoo do that one just make sure of what you are using now. If pb&j don't work try otb reloaded.

zimsport

Reaction score
I've tried all pbj. Right now on stock voltage and its defineately better but still shuts off sometimes. Where can I get a different kernel to try altogether?

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
I've tried all pbj. Right now on stock voltage and its defineately better but still shuts off sometimes. Where can I get a different kernel to try altogether?

Try the otb Reloaded. Try 1.2 or 1.5 just look here in droid forums for it
I also clear the two caches in recovery every time I flash anything

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In the 2nd post of this thread is a list of all of the TW based Froyo kernels. There are plenty to try. Make sure you either stick with voodoo or disable lagfix before flashing a nonvoodoo.

zimsport

Reaction score
How do you know what kernal is installed? Will out show up in the about phone section? I have the ec01 radio but the build its dating ed01. Is that a problem?

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How do you know what kernal is installed? Will out show up in the about phone section? I have the ec01 radio but the build its dating ed01. Is that a problem?

No it's not a problem. Your build and baseband don't have to match. I didn't notice any difference when I switched from EC01 to ED01 or ED03. There is a pretty easy way to upgrade if you want to do it though. Instructions here. The kernel version reported under About Phone is just the linux kernel version which all of the Froyo kernels are based off of, so that number won't change as long as you're on Froyo. The only way to know which you're on is to remember which one you flashed. A good practice is to make a folder named "Current" on your sdcard and then copy anything you flash into it right after doing so. That way you can always go back and look.

zimsport

Reaction score
Just trying to figure out what keeps shutting my phone down. The only other thing I havent tried is reloading the radio. EC01. Guess Ill give that a shot now....

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just trying to figure out what keeps shutting my phone down. The only other thing I havent tried is reloading the radio. EC01. Guess Ill give that a shot now....

That seems like it would be kernel related to me.

hecantbreathe

Reaction score

It's not the radio/modem. Definitely a Kernel issue or a rouge app that's causing it.

What kernels have you tried? (sorry if you already said this)

What exactly happens to your phone? Sleep of death?

Do you have YouMail installed? That's an app known to cause sleep of death.

If you have tried OTB kernels, what were you settings with it?

zimsport

Reaction score
I have tried all the pbj kernals. -100, -50, and stock voltage. I believe I have the OTB 1.5 in there right now. Not sure how to set it or tell you how its set.

When ever the phone goes idle for more then like 10 minutes it just shuts off. Have to pull battery then it boots fine. If its plugged in, it is good all night.

I had Evil Fascinate ROm, and went back to ComRom last night with the honeycomb theme, and no change. Whenever I boot up now though it does come up with an error and makes me force close (the application Email (process com.android.email). I do that twice every reboot and then things work, except for the shutting down. The only email I use is Gmail and that still works. Tell me how to disable or maybe fix this? But this wasnt happening before and the going to sleep still would happen.

Im up for any suggestions now. Getting frustrated!

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
I have tried all the pbj kernals. -100, -50, and stock voltage. I believe I have the OTB 1.5 in there right now. Not sure how to set it or tell you how its set.

When ever the phone goes idle for more then like 10 minutes it just shuts off. Have to pull battery then it boots fine. If its plugged in, it is good all night.

I had Evil Fascinate ROm, and went back to ComRom last night with the honeycomb theme, and no change. Whenever I boot up now though it does come up with an error and makes me force close (the application Email (process com.android.email). I do that twice every reboot and then things work, except for the shutting down. The only email I use is Gmail and that still works. Tell me how to disable or maybe fix this? But this wasnt happening before and the going to sleep still would happen.

Im up for any suggestions now. Getting frustrated!

The email force close is simple.

settings/applications/manage applications/all and clear email data.

Try doing these steps.

This will wipe all your data.

Do a titanium backup of everything. Make sure you back up contacts as well.

ODIN this stock eb01 http://adbdev.com/danknub/CI500_VZW_EB01_FROYO_REL.tar.md5 (make sure you put the eb01 in PDA section!!!!) check repartition and load this pit http://adbdev.com/danknub/atlas_v2.2.pit then start the ODIN process.

reboot to make sure everything works.

then ODIN this cwm 3 (PDA Section only!!) http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...://dl.dropbox.com/u/36791/CWM3_Voodoo.tar.md5

Boot up again making sure it's all good.
Download the EC01 radio http://adbdev.com/danknub/ec01_radio.tar and then flash via ODIN in PDA section.

Boot up making sure it's all good. Then go into cwm wiping cache only, flash com rom and your choice of kernel. I recommend OTB 1.5

Not positive that this will fix your problem, but it can't hurt to try.

Last edited:

zimsport

Reaction score
Ok, do I got titanium backup and started backing everything up when i noticed I had youmail visual voicemail. Damn I'm dumb! Un Installed that and I will let you know if it fixes the problem.....
Where can I get the stock visual voicemail? Or something similar?

zimsport

Reaction score
its there a thread anywhere that can tell me about the OBT kernal and how to change the frequencies etc. or tell me how to do it. Done some searching but j don't think I'm using the right terminology