Reaction score
~Correct~

1st flash your rom,

2nd cache/dalvik wipe

3rd flash your kernal

4th reboot

Lets try that again

reboot recovery
disable system lagfix(if running voodoo)
wipe cache and dalvik cache
flash Rom
re-enable system lagfix(if running voodoo)
flash voodoo kernel of choice
reboot
Enjoy

Why do i have to disable voodoo if this doesnt come with a kernal? Just to be safe?

Sent from a Superclean Voodoo Fascinate

You don't have to.

Sent from my OTB EC01 Fascinate

prenedo

Reaction score
I would quote, but those posts are pretty long :) Thanks for the help guys, this ROM is so much better than SC (IMHO), similar in alot of ways, but I can actually surf the web without watching my battery reading tick down every 30 seconds. I did not disable lagfix, that's if your flashing NV kernel right?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would quote, but those posts are pretty long :) Thanks for the help guys, this ROM is so much better than SC (IMHO), similar in alot of ways, but I can actually surf the web without watching my battery reading tick down every 30 seconds. I did not disable lagfix, that's if your flashing NV kernel right?
yea if your running voodoo kernel to flash a nonvoodoo kernel you disable lagfix
if your running voodoo and want to flash a ROM then you disable system lagfix in voodoo option in CWMR

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP updated with CWMR3.0 test version EVIL V3.2

Dont bother testing it if you are running v3.1 and red recovery, a red CWMR version will be out soon....this is just for people with orange CWMR 3.0

prenedo

Reaction score
yea if your running voodoo kernel to flash a nonvoodoo kernel you disable lagfix
if your running voodoo and want to flash a ROM then you disable system lagfix in voodoo option in CWMR

I flashed yesterday without disabling system lagfix; seems to be working ok. What happens if all I did was a cache wipe before flashing? I thought that's all I needed to do...

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

I flashed yesterday without disabling system lagfix; seems to be working ok. What happens if all I did was a cache wipe before flashing? I thought that's all I needed to do...
I disable system lagfix before flashing Roms because they access the system and overwrite files etc...its a piece of mind thing...I know it used to be needed but may not be anymore...Ill look into it

If you flash a new ROM its a good idea to wipe cache and dalvik always if you arent going to do a clean install...

prenedo

Reaction score
K, kinda figured that, but just wanted to double check. One more question; with the 4 tab unlock, is there a way to make it transparent? I had seen a screenshot from a theme where it was, but I really like this themed ROM. I was wondering if there is a way to make the lockscreen transparent?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
K, kinda figured that, but just wanted to double check. One more question; with the 4 tab unlock, is there a way to make it transparent? I had seen a screenshot from a theme where it was, but I really like this themed ROM. I was wondering if there is a way to make the lockscreen transparent?
no clue on that transparency question...ill look into it but i am unaware of any theme that does that

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
Damn it, all this new stuff coming out at once! How many times can someone handle wiping data in a few days! lol

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn it, all this new stuff coming out at once! How many times can someone handle wiping data in a few days! lol
I know exactly what you mean.....but.....we love it.....

Im gonna be posting some awesome vids later so if you havent subscribed to my youtube channel...get to it....!

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean.....but.....we love it.....

Im gonna be posting some awesome vids later so if you havent subscribed to my youtube channel...get to it....!

I'm really waiting on jt's CM7 once he cleans it up a little. I think i've wiped data 4 times since yesterday. lol

I'll check out your youtube.

millwood

Reaction score
Is it safe to assume that this ROM has root access already built in. I was considering following adrynalyn's steps to get the ED01 radio and then this ROM, but was unclear on the root stuff. I got the steps if back to DL09, then to EA28, then to ED01, but from there can I assume I have to flash CWM 2.5.x and then I could flash this ROM and be fine. Does that sound correct and can I just use the CWM all in one file that was post back when they had all CWM 3.0 confusion?

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
I flashed from ec01 debloated only cache/dalvik wipe. Had the email force close simply wiped email data and running smoothly.

Sent from my OTB ED01 Fascinate