[ROM][DROID2] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/12/2011)

Giroux28

Reaction score
I tried installing the BlurDialer.apk but it keeps telling me the installation failed. Am I missing something, or do I have to do something with the original dialer.apk or what?

If you read that second post, I believe you have to enter a code into the terminal emulator which will make that BlurDialer.apk into a flashable .zip, which you would then flash in recovery (no wipe needed).

If that doesn't work, I'm not entirely sure what to do next.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I thought I did everything right, but maybe you can point me in the right direction.

I went to the terminal emulator and put in the code:

su
sys -rw
cp /sdcard/BlurDialer.apk /system/app
chmod 755 /system/app/BlurDialer.apk

Although I think the step I'm doing wrong is
Because nothing happens once I type that in, so then nothing happens after I enter the next line of code too.

Did you try just using root explorer and dropping the apks in the system app folder and then changing their permissions to match the rest? That is what I did to restore 3 or 4 blur apps I wanted...

TTDroidUser

Reaction score
If you read that second post, I believe you have to enter a code into the terminal emulator which will make that BlurDialer.apk into a flashable .zip, which you would then flash in recovery (no wipe needed).

If that doesn't work, I'm not entirely sure what to do next.

I thought I did everything right, but maybe you can point me in the right direction.

I went to the terminal emulator and put in the code:

su
sys -rw
chmod 755 /system/app/BlurDialer.apk

Although I think the step I'm doing wrong is
Because nothing happens once I type that in, so then nothing happens after I enter the next line of code too.

Did you try just using root explorer and dropping the apks in the system app folder and then changing their permissions to match the rest? That is what I did to restore 3 or 4 blur apps I wanted...

Still no luck :/
I think the terminal emulator did copy the .apk into the system/app folder because it was there in root explorer. But I changed the permissions and then tried to install, but still it says it wasn't installed

Giroux28

Reaction score
That makes no sense.... id start over and just use root explorer to put them in there ...

yo are there any themes out for the d2 version yet??? ive been running the dx ones themes and losing haptic feed back and the only theme ive seen is revolution d2... i cant believe there artent more out

breachless

Reaction score
Rom is great! I couldn't find anything wrong with it other than the car dock seems to not allow you to add your own apps. The only choices when you choose applications is home launcher... I am certain I have run into this before on a custom rom pre-gingerbread but cannot remember if there was ever a solution to this... anyone have any ideas?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went back to liberty, but i have to say that this rom is the fastest by far. Well done and ill be keeping my eye on it. I may jump back on it real soon.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

Giroux28

Reaction score
yo is anyone else having any problem with the camera... its like when im holding it portruit it steches the lens to landscape and when i hold it landscape it shrinks it to portruit and its wrong, the image is screwed up ... i cant even explain what its doing... ugh

Giroux28

Reaction score
wowwwwwww i tried replacing the camera apk with the blur one and also removed the cam files in system\lib folder and i got stuck at my boot logo... even after clearing cache and delvik... restoring a back up now... maybe the backup will fix my apex camera that wud be bangin haha

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
When I flashed BlurCamera and BlurGallery, I loaded it back up only to have both, the Android camera and the Blur camera, along with both, the Android gallery and the Blur gallery. When I flash those in another ROM, they replaced the Android functions, but not in Apex.

Giroux28

Reaction score
so you are saying if I add blur-camera.apk and media-gallery.apk to system/app folder and correct its permissions and then LEAVE the old camera and gallery apks in the folder untouched and keep both itll work?

Abs

Reaction score
Fairly new to this forum so I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this... but I've experienced a few bugs in my Apex use. I've been running RC2 since it was released and my D2 soft resets itself like 15 times a day. It normally happens when I send a message using GO! Also... right before it resets it starts running REALLY slowly. Not using any sort of over/under clocker if it matters. Thanks for any tips or w/e. And def a thanks to Fab for the amazing rom

HavoC

Reaction score
Fairly new to this forum so I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this... but I've experienced a few bugs in my Apex use. I've been running RC2 since it was released and my D2 soft resets itself like 15 times a day. It normally happens when I send a message using GO! Also... right before it resets it starts running REALLY slowly. Not using any sort of over/under clocker if it matters. Thanks for any tips or w/e. And def a thanks to Fab for the amazing rom

I would say uninstall GO! SMS, I had similar issues running it on custom ROMs on my Droid 1. You may also have to do a full data/cache wipe and reinstall APEX or a backup. I only say that because uninstalling GO SMS! on my Droid 1 didn't fix my issues (reboots, sluggishness, etc.).

I have run APEX RC 2 from the day Fabolous posted it, and without GO! SMS, I haven't experienced any random reboots. Hopefully things work out for ya.

Abs

Reaction score
Thanks for the info man C: ill try it out tomorrow after work to see if what you described fixes it. I knew that Apex couldn't possibly be the problem haha. Fab is way too good for that. Thanks again man. Ill post my results tomorrow

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
so you are saying if I add blur-camera.apk and media-gallery.apk to system/app folder and correct its permissions and then LEAVE the old camera and gallery apks in the folder untouched and keep both itll work?

Yes, they're both working.

Giroux28

Reaction score

Yes, they're both working.

so i did this and now i have the blur camera working well with the 3d aosp gallery however it cant locate the blur media gallery and i cant find it anywhere on my system either however it is in the system\app folder and the permissions are right... i like how i have it set up using the blur camera with the aosp gallery its just that i cant go right from my camera screen to my gallery because when selecting the lil thumbnail in the bottom left that would normally launch the gallery it simply pops up message saying "media gallery not installed" i wish i could set it up for that thumbnail to launch the 3d aosp gallery, if i could do that id be perfect...

also does anyone know how to access the battery plan screen where you can change and select the custom battery savor plan that shuts stuff off when battery reaches 30%? i cant find that screen for the life of me!

Giroux28

Reaction score
does anyone know how to access the battery plan screen where you can change and select the custom battery savor plan that shuts stuff off when battery reaches 30%? i cant find that screen for the life of me!