[ROM][DROID2] ApeX V2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC2) (6/12/2011)

deejay1111

Reaction score
This ROM is fantastic, good battery life and everything

One issue that arised though is that call volume is far too light. I can barely hear anyone I call, could be just that person, but...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

If you are still experiencing this problem, try restarting your phone. This has been a common issue with any of the roms based on the GB leak. Hope you get it working :)

Zavi

Reaction score
Thank you very much, I though I had selected sync all but I obviously didn't, I had to re-install the FaceBook app to get the option to sync all contacts but once I did, everything showed up. :) Just one more thing I've notice, there use to be an auto-correct when typing that showed up at the bottom of the screen. I see in the setting menu under Android keyboard settings, to select "Show Suggestions" "Quick fixes" Auto-Complete" and I have all of those check. Is there somewhere else to enable this, I can't seem to find it. And again, thank you so much for you help. :)

No problem, as far as the keyboard settings go, it should be under settings > languange & keyboard from there you should be able to change those settings for the android keyboard and the built-in (physical) keyboard.

I looked in the setting area for both android and built-in (physical) keyboard, I found where you can set "Show Suggestions" "Quick fixes" "Auto-Complete" for the Android keyboard but for the built-in (physical) keyboard, it only gives you "Auto-replace" "Auto-cap" and Auto-punctuate" If I remember correctly, when I used the built-in (physical) keyboard in the beta, the "Show Suggestions" and other options worked also. Do you know if these option was left out? Again, you help has been greatly appreciated. :)

HavoC

Reaction score
Thank you very much, I though I had selected sync all but I obviously didn't, I had to re-install the FaceBook app to get the option to sync all contacts but once I did, everything showed up. :) Just one more thing I've notice, there use to be an auto-correct when typing that showed up at the bottom of the screen. I see in the setting menu under Android keyboard settings, to select "Show Suggestions" "Quick fixes" Auto-Complete" and I have all of those check. Is there somewhere else to enable this, I can't seem to find it. And again, thank you so much for you help. :)

No problem, as far as the keyboard settings go, it should be under settings > languange & keyboard from there you should be able to change those settings for the android keyboard and the built-in (physical) keyboard.

I looked in the setting area for both android and built-in (physical) keyboard, I found where you can set "Show Suggestions" "Quick fixes" "Auto-Complete" for the Android keyboard but for the built-in (physical) keyboard, it only gives you "Auto-replace" "Auto-cap" and Auto-punctuate" If I remember correctly, when I used the built-in (physical) keyboard in the beta, the "Show Suggestions" and other options worked also. Do you know if these option was left out? Again, you help has been greatly appreciated. :)

You're right, I just checked the options for the physical keyboard, and "show suggestions" option isn't there. In the Beta, certain aspects of MotoBlur were still in the ROM, and I'm thinking that the additional options for the physical keyboard may have been part of it.

The only reason I think MotoBlur may have something to do with it, is that when I had my Droid 1 (which was always nothing but stock Android) I don't seem to remember the physical keyboard having as many options as the Android (onscreen) keyboard.

I could be wrong, so if anyone else knows, maybe they could give you a more definitive answer.

Zavi

Reaction score

You're right, I just checked the options for the physical keyboard, and "show suggestions" option isn't there. In the Beta, certain aspects of MotoBlur were still in the ROM, and I'm thinking that the additional options for the physical keyboard may have been part of it.

The only reason I think MotoBlur may have something to do with it, is that when I had my Droid 1 (which was always nothing but stock Android) I don't seem to remember the physical keyboard having as many options as the Android (onscreen) keyboard.

I could be wrong, so if anyone else knows, maybe they could give you a more definitive answer.

Just wanted to thank you again for your help. I just couldn't figure out how to get the couple of blur items to work that I really like so I just decided to load the beta back onto my phone. It lets me install the couple of blur apps I like and it still has the suggestions for the built-in (physical) keyboard which I really like! lol I'm a horrible speller and can blame my mistakes on the auto-correction! lol Thanks again. :)

HavoC

Reaction score

Just wanted to thank you again for your help. I just couldn't figure out how to get the couple of blur items to work that I really like so I just decided to load the beta back onto my phone. It lets me install the couple of blur apps I like and it still has the suggestions for the built-in (physical) keyboard which I really like! lol I'm a horrible speller and can blame my mistakes on the auto-correction! lol Thanks again. :)

No problem, glad you got things set up the way you like them.

TTDroidUser

Reaction score
The dialer seems to be very stripped. Is there anyway to add speed dials? There also used to be the function of being typing out the name to jump to a contact on the dialer (i.e. dialing 9455 for WILL). Anyway to restore that function too?

I'd also like to know if it's possible to just revert all of the boot animations to the stock Verizon ones (Motorola logo, maybe even the new red one, instead of the Google logo and the Droid Eye animation instead of Apex).

I'm loving the rest of the ROM otherwise, keep up the work! dancedroid

HavoC

Reaction score
The dialer seems to be very stripped. Is there anyway to add speed dials? There also used to be the function of being typing out the name to jump to a contact on the dialer (i.e. dialing 9455 for WILL). Anyway to restore that function too?

I'd also like to know if it's possible to just revert all of the boot animations to the stock Verizon ones (Motorola logo, maybe even the new red one, instead of the Google logo and the Droid Eye animation instead of Apex).

For the dialer (phone app), those extra features were part of the MotoBlur Dialer. To reinstall it, see the second post in this thread (by Fabolous). He lists instructions on how to restore/reinstall the Blur apps and features that you want.

As far as the boot logo and animations, I'm sure its possible to change them, I'm just not exactly sure how to go about doing it. I know ZombieStomped had a customizer you could run through the terminal emulator for changing things like the themes and boot logos, but I don't believe APEX has anything like that.

I would imagine changing the Boot Logos and animations would have to be done through flashable .zip files from clockword recovery, but I can't say for sure.

siriusgamer

Reaction score
I know the droid eye boot animation is stored in /system/media/bootanimation.zip. You should be able to change it with root explorer or something like that.
Not sure about the motorola logo though.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I flashed the BlurCamera and BlurGallery, and getting an error "Gallery not found" when trying to access the gallery from the camera itself.

TTDroidUser

Reaction score

For the dialer (phone app), those extra features were part of the MotoBlur Dialer. To reinstall it, see the second post in this thread (by Fabolous). He lists instructions on how to restore/reinstall the Blur apps and features that you want.

As far as the boot logo and animations, I'm sure its possible to change them, I'm just not exactly sure how to go about doing it. I know ZombieStomped had a customizer you could run through the terminal emulator for changing things like the themes and boot logos, but I don't believe APEX has anything like that.

I would imagine changing the Boot Logos and animations would have to be done through flashable .zip files from clockword recovery, but I can't say for sure.

I tried installing the BlurDialer.apk but it keeps telling me the installation failed. Am I missing something, or do I have to do something with the original dialer.apk or what?

spaceman

Reaction score
I've been using this since the beta and its awesome! The only thing that's not working for me is I can't get the BlurHome.apk as the launcher. It worked in the beta but I followed the directions in post #2 and it didn't. Otherwise this is perfect!

HavoC

Reaction score

I tried installing the BlurDialer.apk but it keeps telling me the installation failed. Am I missing something, or do I have to do something with the original dialer.apk or what?

If you read that second post, I believe you have to enter a code into the terminal emulator which will make that BlurDialer.apk into a flashable .zip, which you would then flash in recovery (no wipe needed).

If that doesn't work, I'm not entirely sure what to do next.

spaceman

Reaction score
I read the second post wrong and fixed my problem. Great rom.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
This Rom is blazing fast!!. I finally decided to venture away from liberty to try out a different rom, you know just to see. I am very impressed. I tried zombiestomped as well and I have to say, I'm loving this minimal soap thing. Speeds up the phone like crazy. Thanks again!!!

Sent from my rooted DROID2

Last edited:

TTDroidUser

Reaction score

If you read that second post, I believe you have to enter a code into the terminal emulator which will make that BlurDialer.apk into a flashable .zip, which you would then flash in recovery (no wipe needed).

If that doesn't work, I'm not entirely sure what to do next.

I thought I did everything right, but maybe you can point me in the right direction.

I went to the terminal emulator and put in the code:

su
sys -rw
cp /sdcard/BlurDialer.apk /system/app
chmod 755 /system/app/BlurDialer.apk

Although I think the step I'm doing wrong is
cp /sdcard/BlurDialer.apk /system/app
Because nothing happens once I type that in, so then nothing happens after I enter the next line of code too.