[ROM][DROID2] ApeX 2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC3) Bugs

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
Starting just in case, I have yet to encounter any myself, so far have notice a huge speed increase over RC2!!

JDROID2

Reaction score
dunno if this is a bug but my charge led doesn't light up when charging

vtnerd

Reaction score
I just started using RC3 (had an old version of Apex before, maybe 1.4.something) but all my phone calls are super quiet even at maximum volume. I SBF'ed to Froyo, then flashed to GB and made sure the numbers matched before flashing to RC3. I wiped data, cache and kelvik as well.

I love the ROM, but not being able to use my phone as an actual phone is a big problem for me. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just started using RC3 (had an old version of Apex before, maybe 1.4.something) but all my phone calls are super quiet even at maximum volume. I SBF'ed to Froyo, then flashed to GB and made sure the numbers matched before flashing to RC3. I wiped data, cache and kelvik as well.

I love the ROM, but not being able to use my phone as an actual phone is a big problem for me. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

You should be able to reboot to solve that issue.

OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
not a "bug" but the ONLY thing so far I dont absolutely love about this rom is the blur dialer ;)

siriusgamer

Reaction score
dunno if this is a bug but my charge led doesn't light up when charging

The charging light bug is due to the fact that Apex is a rom that was created for the Droid X and then ported to Droid 2. ROMs that were created specifically for the Droid 2 will have the charging light.

OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
A few things that I have noticed since using this rom out in the wild day to day, (mind you I am not a dev) I use the phone almost 24 x 7 , I use an external AC adapter to charge all batts and keep 4 standard OEM batts in rotation, alo use GPS, bluetooth, and tethering actively throughout the entire day, I do try to use wireless networks where available, but I am usually syncing non stop and running multiple apps...

I do not understand how, what , or why, but this particular release of Apex has led to my D2 constantly;y turning itself on when it was turned off. While I have a constant supply of batteries to keep things going, this is an annoyance because there are times where I do not want my phone vibrating, ringing etc. I have experienced this before on other GB kernel based roms for the D2 as well, so I am not sure what causes it.

Another issue , (but it has only happened twice) is when driving and using Navigation, the CRT screen off animation will jus repeat over and over, leaving the display useless, although directions are sill given. I keep the phone in the D2 car cradle mounted on the windshield, so I do not know if that would make any difference to how the phone uses proximity or accelerometer to keep screen on/off or portrait/landscape etc.

siriusgamer

Reaction score
Apex 2.0 RC3 is really nice and stable. But I have noticed some bugs, or complaints, depends on how you see them.

One thing, dont know if this qualifies as a bug though, is that on the lock screen, the emergency call button is still blueish, and it doesnt fit in with the green and black theme that apex has.
Another thing, is that there are no music controls on the lockscreen.
Third thing is that when selecting some things in the market, the selection glow is blue instead of orange.

Although most of these things are minor graphical bugs, except missing music controls, it would be nice if they were fixed.
Note that I flashed this on the OTA GB and not the leaked GB.

go.nocturn

Reaction score
I ran into a weird bug where i had a screen preview stay on my screen.. it stayed visible ven in the setting menu.

But a quick reboot got rid of the problem and its right back to being my favorite stable rom dancedroid

pathogen

Reaction score
I just flashed this rom. I dunno if it's a bug or just designed this way? I'm used to being able to resize my widgets by just clicking them until the resize arrows come up.

Before I flashed I had my calender widget expanded enough to show the whole month. Now when I add the calender widget all it shows is no upcoming events.

Just wondering if not being able to resize the widgets is just rom based or a bug...

pathogen

Reaction score
also the little white light next to the port that the charger plugs in to doesn't come on when charging. it used to turn on while charging and turn off when charging was complete.

no major bugs found as of yet lol

siriusgamer

Reaction score
To show the entire month, you press the menu button and choose month view.

Resizing widgets is a launcher thing. I don't think the stock launcher that comes with Apex has this feature. Use LauncherPro or ADW if you want to resize widgets.

The charging light bug is simple, this rom was originally made for the droid X and was ported to the droid 2. If the rom was originally made for the droid 2, then it wouldnt have the charging light bug.