[ROM] [ROM][DROID2] ApeX 2.0.0 Release Candidate (RC3) (8/27/2011)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
So I can change the bootloader logo and boot animation with the ROM toolbox? I know that I can just copy the current bootanimation.zip i have to the SD card and move it back when I flash to apex, but I'm not sure how to get the red motorola logo back.

EDIT: Since bootloader logos can be changed by flashing a logo.bin, could I just remove the logo.bin inside the apex zip?

You could remove it for sure. But if you have already flashed the ROM with the Google one then it wont change if you flash the zip that you have deleted it from. And yes you should be able to use the toolbox to change it.

WTF.. :( I cant seem to disable adds @ all on this version of Apex, can someone toss me a bone?

Sorry but unfortunately I can not say I have any tips to share. I have not used the toolbox to do that or actually ever tried to block adds, ironically enough they do not bother me.

siriusgamer

Reaction score
Damn it. I tried to remove the logo.bin from the apex zip before flashing, and it gave me an error. I currently am restoring from a backup.

Edit: I noticed that there is a logo.bin inside the official ota zip.
Could I extract that and flash it on its own to get the red motorola boot logo?

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You could try replacing the Apex one with the Moto one. That might work.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Cool, glad you got it all figured out. I was loving Apex when I was on it. Enjoy!

siriusgamer

Reaction score
So was I, until it started to fail.
Say, have you ever experienced a "system not responding, force close or wait" message on apex 1.4? Well, until about August, (I flashed apex in march) those force close were only single isolated events. But one day, the battery on my phone ran out, and when I charged the battery and turned it on, i saw the not responding message and no amount of reboots could fix it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I cant say that I have ever experienced that sort of situation with the battery etc. I have caused major issues through tinkering with xmls among other things. In that sort of situation I would normally just restore a backup or reload the ROM.

vtnerd

Reaction score
So was I, until it started to fail.
Say, have you ever experienced a "system not responding, force close or wait" message on apex 1.4? Well, until about August, (I flashed apex in march) those force close were only single isolated events. But one day, the battery on my phone ran out, and when I charged the battery and turned it on, i saw the not responding message and no amount of reboots could fix it.

I can't say whether it was related to the battery, but I got something similar. My phone would have this "system not responding, force close or wait" popup from time to time. I never investigated what caused it, but more than I once I just pressed the button on the top of my phone and was greeted with this message instead of the lock screen. At first, rebooting once would take care of it. As time went on, it turned into 2 or 3 or 4 reboots (where the error would popup again even after restarting the phone) and ultimately got to the point where I rebooted over and over for half a day and never got a boot without the error so I finally gave up and sbf'ed.

2.0 has been problem free for me so far.

siriusgamer

Reaction score
I had the exact same thing. The longer that I had apex installed, the frequency of those kinds of errors increased. But I found a way to bypass it. If i went into clockwork, and did fix permissions, then apex would boot up without problems. But I would have to do that every time my phone shut off, so I restored to stock and waited for the OTA.

Quick question, on 2.0, you flashed it over the OTA GB right? Do you have music controls on the lockscreen?

Last edited:

vtnerd

Reaction score
I never thought of that solution...would have helped but oh well.

If you're asking me, I went Apex 1.4 > SBF to Froyo > Flash to GB leak > Flash to Apex 2.0 RC3. I've never had the OTA GB on my phone.

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
FWIW, since using earlier versions of Apex, I always have wiped batt stats, fixed permissions and wiped cache every time i replace the batt and reboot the phone via clockwork... I don't ever restart the phone usually until swapping out the batt though

Use the AdFree app on the market.

Got Adaway instead seemed like a better app, I just dont like having redundant apps or unused things.... not Apex's fault and for it's minor faults I still love this rom and hope it gets future updates

Last edited:

pathogen

Reaction score
new to rooting/roms for the droid 2...
will this work with 4.5.601.a955.verizon.en.us?